Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

O how the mighty fall...

either way hes a complete muppet for shitting a wat sounds like a mint car and should neva be allowed to own another subaru.

Koom']

[quote name='caged said:

Everyone always blames the tuner ::) NZ EFI know what they are doing, Just tune it to 85% duty cycle and at that level a parallel rail isnt a must.

/quote]

I'd hazard a guess that they tuned it, it didn't make as much power as the guy wanted because of the turbo (forgetting about the injector size) so he's driven it away and wound the boost up a few more pounds cause it was probably only doing ~15psi and he wanted to run 20psi cause the turbo should be able to make that much. Then bang.

/crystal ball gazing

I would say your 100% right.

I might be out of place here but im guna have a rant about nzefi anyway,

those muppets have no idea in the world what they are doing, i spent 30k+ building a EJ20 for my wrx with supporting mods with the help of my engine builder and jason leifting, to achieve a reliable 500hp

nzefi were givn the task of installing a link g3 and a run in tune, i thought they would no what they were doing being a link agent n all

Long story short nzefi were caught with the motor left running outside at idle before it had even had been run in, when it finnaly made it made it to the dyno they were dumping so much fuel into it it fouled a plug at 4th gear redline which myself and engine builder witnessed to which they quickly made excuses for, when i went to collect my car after cold start tune i was told it wouldnt start cos it had electrical problems ( no problems before they touched it)

, when they did manage to fix that i got it back with electric windows not working and no central locking, couldnt even drive the car proprly cos boost cut was set at the same as boost level so would cut out all the time and when this happened itd backfire in the heads/ headers which then caused damage to valves etc and also popped oil seals in turbo

there cold start tuning was so shit i went thru 7 sets of platnum plugs

i then decided to take my car to another tuner in chch and he was gob smacked at how shit there tuning was, car now makes atleast 3 times the power of what nzefi got out of it and runs 10000x better (im suprised it even still runs at all)

IF ANY OF YOU NZEFI MUPPETS USE THIS FORUM YOU NO WHO I AM AND I TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN BAD MOUTHING YOUR BUSSINES SO NO ONE ELSE GETS RINSED OUT LIKE I DID

You spent 30K on an ej20 :o and put an old G3 on it :-\. You must really hate them to sign up here just to bag them. What car is yours?

slystiguy']

[quote name='subi6 said:

IF ANY OF YOU NZEFI MUPPETS USE THIS FORUM YOU NO WHO I AM AND I TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN BAD MOUTHING YOUR BUSSINES SO NO ONE ELSE GETS RINSED OUT LIKE I DID

/quote]

proof or f off plz k thx

+1 not really reliable info coming from a first poster might aswell chuck it in the for sale section :D :D :D....

mor info/proof would be good

Have had a few friends tune at NZEFI, All with GREAT results, bearing in mind they all had the whole lot of mods that were ever going to be done, DONE and run in before they went there. which IMO makes a huge difference, no point in going there with 440cc injectors then going back for a re-tune on 800c injectors. TBH i wouldnt go many other places than NZEFI.

• 2 months later...
 DAKRNK said:

Have had a few friends tune at NZEFI, All with GREAT results, bearing in mind they all had the whole lot of mods that were ever going to be done, DONE and run in before they went there. which IMO makes a huge difference, no point in going there with 440cc injectors then going back for a re-tune on 800c injectors. TBH i wouldnt go many other places than NZEFI.

i wish someone would also listen to me about this advice also.. not naming anyone (jason hahah) before he went get a tune hahha

xecuta']

[quote name='DAKRNK said:

/quote]

i wish someone would also listen to me about this advice also.. nice naming anyone (jason hahah) before he went get a tune hahha

Hahaha yeah, do it once, do it right. That's why I've waited so long to do mine, have had to do all the other stuff first!

I dare say its still tight to drive as it sat aorund for 6months.

Im waiting on an email back to see what his 4.5k got him for the rebuild and whether it was forged or just a standard replacement internal jobby.

I had a close up look at it the other day in a parking lot and still ultra tidy outside and in. I would suggest hes taken a guess at what the front K brace is it had a Mines one in it and Tein adjustables when I sold it unless hes changed them too.

I still have the spare set of rear teins for it sitting in my garage.