Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

How to post IMAGES/PHOTO's

Joker

• General Member

I stoled (needs some minor alteration for PHPforum)

Quote from: Simon

How to post an image to the forum:

The first thing you need to do is read the rules by clicking Here.

The only way to do this is to host the file on an image hosting site then link to it. This is because Oldschool ClubSUB does not allow attachments.

There are a number of web sites that can be used. I use www.imageshack.us because it's free and there is no limit to the amount you can upload. Image shack has issues with uploading multiple photos with the Google Chrome web browser but I will just open another browser if I am dumping loads of photos. Besides that, it's the easiest to use.

Step 1:

Go to www.imageshack.us

You will see this:

captbnvure.png

Step 2:

Click the browse button and navigate to the picture file.

capture1ll.png

Once the file is selected, be sure to change the resize option to either 15 or 17 inch monitor, 800x600 & 1024X760 respectively.

I use 15' most of the time and 17' if the picture is more photograph style and is actually awesome. If you fail to do this your picture will get deleted by moderators if it's too large.

capture2a.png

Step 3:

Click Upload Now button.

You will be presented with this:

capture3qu.png

Now you have to do the hacking. Take the Direct link, when at the "post screen"

hit the img.gif "image" button (tip its under the BOLD button bold.gif)

and paste

Step 4:

Now just click submit like you normally would and the forum will automatically display the picture in the thread.

1269469617113.jpg

The process is very quick once you know what you're doing.

Extra for experts:

If you wan't to upload a lot and keep track of your pictures I suggest starting a free account with Image shack.

This allows you to select multiple pictures by holding the "ctrl" key and clicking when selecting them in the file browser.

They are then displayed like so:

capture4hd.png

Select the ones you want and click "create album".

After you do this there is a box on the right hand side that will display all the direct links which you copy and past into the forum.

You have to individually place the direct image link for the individual pictures between the image code above.

capture5j.png

Also, Protip:

In the full editor part of message reply is a button along the top that says "Img".

If you click it you will automatically get the code img code; it saves your typing it.

And you can past the direct link in, highlight it and click that button and it will automatically code the link.

-Simon

there are more than 1 threads like this - the hope with this is someone may find it helpful

Also try creating a www.Photobucket.com account - they are FREE

• 4 months later...
  • General Member
 Timmah said:

I thought it might a cool to also add Imgur hosting as well: www.imgur.com

It's very very straight forward to upload photo's there. And you can also directly drag a photo onto the website and then press "upload"

Once an image has finished uploading, you're greeted with a panel of links for various situations, e.g forums.

Cheers!

Tim.

topic isnt locked :P feel free to add your methods!

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...