Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

t3t4 on v3 sti wrx

WRXONP said:

Easily mate . . . Like I said theres allot more to power than just the turbo . . . And ive seen 23s pull 230kw . . . Different cars too

I also think the vf23 can do 210-215 perhaps

But

There is a members car in here that did 230 kww on a v7 Sti with vf23

Will find search and post details as I had asked him car specs

Anyway I used to think vf23 could only max out at 220kww when pushed all the wH but since seeing the claim of 230kww I'm not sure anymore and kinda think that it may be possible

Maybe wrxonp referring to the same 230kww perhaps

funkytown said:

i've only ever seen 2 vf23's crack 230, and those were qwerty's and mine. BOTH were Steve Murch modified and quite laggy to get there.

yeh i talked to him awhile ago abut a hybrid vf22 vf23. he reckons it could take 240kw.but it wasnt cheap at all to do it

WRXONP said:

A hybrid 22/23 ? They run the same exhaust housing ? They only run different intake housing and wheel ?

yup it was guna hava bigger wheen in the 23 housing

Ok here is the conversation via pm I had with the member

He is a fairly onto it type guy hence when he said the details I belived it as possible

If it was some random guy then perhaps Wud not have believed as as per funky I never thought vf23 had enough airflow to do 230 and certainly not 237 but then again wrxonp has seen that so why not?

Anyway here is The spec of his v7

-------------snip-------

Rex_in']

[quote name='pappu said:

hey bro,

just curious, what all mods did u have in ur black v7sti to make 230 @ wheels?

which dyno was it bro?

thanks

pappu

/quote]

Hey man

Motor was fully worked,

it had

-Eagle rods

-Wiseco Pistons

-bottom end all lightened and balanced

-ported and polished heads

-polished valves

-re shaped combustion chambers (to group A spec)

-Group A Franklin cams

-titanium valve springs

-titanium valve spring retainers

-port matched manifolds

-Greedy tuned length exhaust manifold

-vf23 (vf30 crapped itself and this was a cheap replacement)

-cold air intake

-custom downpipe

-Top Fuel Catback exhaust

-FMIC

-Electronic boost controller

It had the ECU reflashed and dyno tuned by Kent at Speedsource in warkworth, am not sure what boost it was running to make this power however as the guy who bought it off me had it tuned by them,

I had a baby and had to sell it

Cheers

Ben

WRXONP said:

You cant really compare that though as you changed turbos . . . . The only true way to compare would be every thing the same and only thing changed is turbo position. . . . IMO the vf23 is better than a vf30 any way and would probably make more power any way

no....it is a good enough comparison even with the turbo swap. the vf30 is a bigger turbo, but at the same boost, made 200kw compared to the twisted vf23 which made 210kw. (both at 16psi) i imagine without being twisted, the vf23 would have made around 195kw, and the vf30 twisted around 215kw.

and you're wrong on vf23 having more potential for dyno power vs vf30. the cfm ratings of the two turbos are evidence enough. at 18psi, vf23 = 388cfm, vf30 = 460cfm. both turbos will begin to cavitate at around this amount of pressure and neither are a good choice for exceeding 20psi.

and you're wrong on vf23 having more potential for dyno power vs vf30. the cfm ratings of the two turbos are evidence enough. at 18psi, vf23 = 388cfm, vf30 = 460cfm. both turbos will begin to cavitate at around this amount of pressure and neither are a good choice for exceeding 20psi.

thank you - finally some common sense prevails.

sti8u']

[quote name='funkytown said:

i've only ever seen 2 vf23's crack 230, and those were qwerty's and mine. BOTH were Steve Murch modified and quite laggy to get there.

/quote]

yeh i talked to him awhile ago abut a hybrid vf22 vf23. he reckons it could take 240kw.but it wasnt cheap at all to do it

and hetold me a vf37 would do 260kw with cams but no proof fo that either

nt_a_foz']

[quote name='funkytown said:

/quote]

and hetold me a vf37 would do 260kw with cams but no proof fo that either

and worked 23capable of 260+ I'm yet to see proof

How about a version 8 that ran an upgraded vf36/big 16g making over 260kw and pulled 10.9? ring a bell you guys need to seriously put down your vodo dolls grow a pair and show everyone you can do so much better or find someone that knows how to make the numbers happen and can back it up with proof like a 10.9 unless you already have....without spending over 10k to do it.

To which there was a full feature in a mag and thousands got to see it in action and up close!!!

Many have used the upgrade and still do it was never designed to set the world on fire it was however a straight bolt in with only a tune needed not custom everything and new hole ripped in you to fit a GT setup to gain another 30kw and close to 10k.

Dyno sheets dont mean crap if you cant back it up with something everyone can see in the realy world.

Its not smart to supply an upgraded on to which for most are high km's or unknown condition motors then say "itll be fine mate" unless you enjoy replacing engines to which most arnt.

Its always easy to stick the knife in when the guys not around,realy big tough guys with chips on their shoulders.

vorigan said:

Dyno sheets dont mean crap if you cant back it up with something everyone can see in the real world.

That is probably the most important thing IMO, but in reality 90% of people dont care, as long as they have their precious "number" to w@nk on about to their peers ::)

The only dyno that really matters is the black dyno.... ;D

Tony']

[quote name='vorigan said:

Dyno sheets dont mean crap if you cant back it up with something everyone can see in the real world.

/quote]

That is probably the most important thing IMO, but in reality 90% of people dont care, as long as they have their precious "number" to w@nk on about to their peers ::)

The only dyno that really matters is the black dyno.... ;D

100% on the money you can fudge a dyno to make the owner feel better to justify the hole they ripped in their wallet ,the black top never lies.

Sorry i cant equal 5900 posts im out having a life in the real world.