Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Heavy Duty or Standard Clutch?

LAtitudeNZ

So, My clutch will need replacing and am currently undecided what road I am going to take.

My car (99 S/Tb Fozzy) currently only has a 2.5 inch catless dump back exhaust as far as driveline mods.

Apart from just the usual resonatorectomy.

I also dont plan on doing anything further until i get a new car.

So what would be the best road to go down?

Stick with standard or are they under-rated from factory (so ive been told)?

Or should i go with a HD clutch or is it unnecessary?

Cheers in advance!

Eric

I vote just a a factory excedy clutch kit. Its 550 for a 6 speed kit so must be cheaper for a 5speed. And i remember Rick (Ichi Ban) stating that a factory clutch can handle a decent amount of power but thats my point of view.

Wait till all the others state their point of view :) In the end it will all be up to you and your pockets ;)

Standard turbo clutch kit -

It's cheap and more than decent For what u mentioned

It's a better drive day to day as well compared to getting something heavy

If the Sti clutch is within budget than that is also a good idea as it's decent to drive and also will cope with Ny future mods if u do

Yeah get the sti clutch klt. Its bigger than the wrx clutch but is still easy as to drive. I got a quote for $380 from winger. In my car ive got a exedy hyper single. And thats not the easiest thing to drive. But thats like 2g. But the clutch grip is there

Guest vf20/21bg5

I vote just a exedy H/D clutch which i 1st had in my car b4 taken it off the rd and trust me it was very easy on the foot, was not a hard push at all, was very impressed.

I now have this kit(and no its not chinese! its usa or japan made NZAD said), sorry cant report on it yet but its suppose to support 250kw and over.Is that a bit of you in the future? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Subaru/Clutches/auction-363307815.htm

but you maybe interested in this kit http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Subaru/Clutches/auction-362690374.htm

...or even this RPM kit which aparently is the same as exedy http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Core-engine/auction-363026018.htm