Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Manual conversion legality

igkgunn

Guest vf20/21bg5

Only if you tell the wof place about it, or if its such a shotty conversion its picked up during a wof. I converted mine from auto to manual with all the proper bolt up gear and it flew thru a testing station wof 2mnths later

Guest vf20/21bg5
 555v7sti said:

For insurance purposes I guess you need to certify too

honesty always comes into play when dealing with insurance, but as ive never ever been insured in my life i dont need to be honest ;)

Guest vf20/21bg5
 DRFVDR said:

Let's hope u don't hit a Ferrari then :)

lets hope the Ferrari dont hit me ;) 22yrs driving and not one accident that i caused,gotta be some good stats thr ;D

I the most technical terms it does require certification is the drive shaft is not the one that came with the car. I know that you will be using an OE drive shaft for a manual Subaru, but that is not the way our rules work! However if you went from an auto to a 6 speed gearbox that would be legal is they use the same length drive shaft, however I doubt anyone would ever pick you up on this.

CP93MM']

[quote name='DRFVDR said:

/quote]lets hope the Ferrari dont hit me ;) 22yrs driving and not one accident that i caused,gotta be some good stats thr ;D

Still a stupid risk to be taking (bragging about) IMO.

i dont reckon.if u do the conversion yourself.you would obviously do it probly.i.e all bolts are there,all bolts are tight so nothing comes lose.

i have seen countless rb's changed from auto to manual.all done probly,and they get vtnz wof.really if u wana do a half ass job you put urself let alone others in danger.do it once do it right

Guest vf20/21bg5
 Koom']

[quote name='DRFVDR said:

/quote]lets hope the Ferrari dont hit me ;) 22yrs driving and not one accident that i caused,gotta be some good stats thr ;D

Still a stupid risk to be taking (bragging about) IMO.

...man i havnt heard from you for ages!...thought you had forgot about me and clubsub! ...thought you would of atleast been club president or vice president in the latest commity meeting by now, but i do remember you telling me you'd rather just stay nutural instead of standing out. Good choice, exactly my thoughts :)

Also it depends if the peticula model came in both...

If it only came out in auto then you will need it certed etc.

Take a example of a SVX. They never came out in manual. Theres no were really to put the clutch. You have to drill holes in the fire wall etc.

Would Need to be checked over by a engineer.