Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Link G4 cold starts

off2harrys

Just got a g4 plug in for my v2 but im having a shit time with cold starts,i thought that was only a problem with the old links??when i picked it up from the mechanic he obviously had it nice and warm,as soon as i started it the next day it fires up then just burbles back down till it cuts out,i have to hold it on the revs for a age,ive put a newer gtb bare manifold on could it be something to do with the different throttle body or running the icv to atmo?????really pissing me off

Hmmm interesting. Mine runs a bit crap when cold too, as if it were running too rich but I have a AFR gauge and it's only very slightly richer then when it's warm. At idle it's fine but when you tap the throttle when it's cold it has a bit of a misfire. Once it's warm there is not a problem at all, incredibly smooth.

Mine doesnt seem to be running that good,has the ocassional backfire when trying to give it a bit of stick on the last couple drives (maybe wasnt fully warmed up though was only 5mins,havent put my oil temp gauge in yet)Mine definately no good on idle just dies

Cold start tuning can be tricky to get right on the first go so it's no surprise it's not great.

You can sort it out yourself. Sounds like there's too much fuel and maybe the cold idle rpm is too low.

Open pclink and look at your warmup enrichment table and your idle control tables. Go from there

Its a tune problem not a link problem. I pulled my thermostat when I did my cold start map because of my small radiator my car warmed up way to quick to set it up right and I was sick out waiting for it to go cold again.

Just to do with the tune you haveto run it whatever different to due to the car being cold etc and its hard to get right first off takes a bit of time mucking around or knowledge of what your doign to get the enrichments etc right

nt_a_foz said:

Just to do with the tune you haveto run it whatever different to due to the car being cold etc and its hard to get right first off takes a bit of time mucking around or knowledge of what your doign to get the enrichments etc right

oh right i understand.so mayb some of the settings for cold start up are 100% coorect yet?

sti8u']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

/quote]

oh right i understand.so mayb some of the settings for cold start up are 100% coorect yet?

its different for each car like i said it just takes time and experiance to get it bang on first time....

nt_a_foz']

/quote]

its different for each car like i said it just takes time and experiance to get it bang on first time....

yea was originally gonna go try d tech but the mongrel never rung back haha,dave at pf did it he said just to bring down and hell sort it out but next ill try d tech i think

off2harrys']

/quote]

yea was originally gonna go try d tech but the mongrel never rung back haha,dave at pf did it he said just to bring down and hell sort it out but next ill try d tech i think

Dave @ PF has tuned one of my G4's before and it was mint as a modded motor with big injectors can be expected to idle when cold (def no stalling ect tho). So proves he can do a good job ;D.

Yup either dave's would sort that no problems id say,

D tech did my current G4 tune and haven't had any issues

Pf auto sorted my boost cut & stalling at idle issue i had with my old car (G1 link plus)

Yea he said just to keep taking it back so he could adjust it till its eventually right,theres a nasty miss aswell which is driving me bananas (got some later model coils coming which will hopefully fix this),i think this cars just destined to be a heap