Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

WHEELS OVER HANGING ON ONE SIDE... =/

got a small problem... i recently got new tyres 225/45/17s and as i hit up left hand corners i was getting guard rub real bad so got out had a closer look comparing sides looking from the back. my right hand rear wheel sits flush with the rear guard dead flat no camber.

where as the left hand sits nicely under

now this all goes back to hitting up a curb few months back :-[, suspected bent strut? had all my control arms and hub replaced ive had a look myself but everything looks identical except the fact the caster angle of the struts are different ??? ...havent had it on a hoist for a decent look or anything just thought id hit up this first before heading into a garage and getting suckered in, ideas, opnions, anything. cheers ;D ;D

jj807']

[quote name='KTM_GUY said:

might have moved the subframe over a tad... i see it all the time. I do alot of crash damaged cars for AA Insurance.

/quote]

thats the last thing i wanted hear. easy fix?

Havnt seen this myself personally, have heard it referred to... ??? To be sure my sources aren't exactly firm on it...

But I understand it to be some pretty severe forces involved to get the subframe to move, curbing/driving up a side-walk at 5 t 10 K/hr wont do it, but 50K/hr mite...

But basically, they loosen the bolts/nuts, then realign it and do up the bolts/nuts...

subieboy']

might have moved the subframe over a tad... i see it all the time. I do alot of crash damaged cars for AA Insurance.

/quote]

Havnt seen this myself personally, have heard it referred to... ??? To be sure my sources aren't exactly firm on it...

But I understand it to be some pretty severe forces involved to get the subframe to move, curbing/driving up a side-walk at 5 t 10 K/hr wont do it, but 50K/hr mite...

But basically, they loosen the bolts/nuts, then realign it and do up the bolts/nuts...

Yeh i did take this into consideration but as he has had all the control arms and hub replaced would suggest he hit pretty hard.. But yeh, through it up on a decent alignment machine and get someone that knows what they're doing to have a have a look at it, that why you can check ya SAI, Included angles etc, see how much setback if any etc..

KTM_GUY']

/quote]

so basically wont be a back yard tape measure n patience job hahaha, take it to the pro's huh..

Yeh i did take this into consideration but as he has had all the control arms and hub replaced would suggest he hit pretty hard.. But yeh, through it up on a decent alignment machine and get someone that knows what they're doing to have a have a look at it, that why you can check ya SAI, Included angles etc, see how much setback if any etc..

SAI?

and yeah was a decent hit definately enough to throw it off. any suggestions who to take it too in dunedin?I know its a Subaru but, preferably where i can afford to eat after the fix ;D...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I've got the same problem but with the front left. Been like that since I've had the car (4 years, not many kms though)

It has had about 3 alignments in this time, every time I ask them to check it over and they reckon nothing is bent or unusual under there. ???

Hasn't worried me too much, hardly ever scrapes on the inner guard. But should probably sort this out one day.

Same thing I'm guessing? Front subframe moved over somehow from past owner running into a curb?

Dv8er - FSTWRX said:

Hmm I've got the same problem but with the front left. Been like that since I've had the car (4 years, not many kms though)

It has had about 3 alignments in this time, every time I ask them to check it over and they reckon nothing is bent or unusual under there. ???

Hasn't worried me too much, hardly ever scrapes on the inner guard. But should probably sort this out one day.

Same thing I'm guessing? Front subframe moved over somehow from past owner running into a curb?

yeah i scrape alllllll the time. going to suss new sub-frame bushes and sort it out ASAP. i like my handling..