Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

My Rein of Terror has come to an End

Bazza-NZ

Wellington……………

It is truly amazing how quickly time flies when you are constantly repairing those Subaru’s. This is (was) my finally stint as your Wellington Area Rep. I would like to thank you all for the support and respect that you have all shown me over this long period of time.

I still remember the first meet was up the top of Mt Vic where we managed to get 18-19 people to show up. The drive down the side of Mt Vic out to the bay for photos before the wellington weather turned on us. This is back when we used to do weekly meet ups outside BP – good times. Following that where a few more meets for photo.

I did a car swap by transferring the BF5 wagon into a BC5 sedan which attracted a large number of people around to help. Coffee, BBQ and drinks for a hard 5 day’s work. A couple of D.I.Y days were done at Mike’s work which included upper engine cleaner, car wash and detail day and flushing a radiator.

As time has progressed we have seen new members join and other leave. Car has become more and more modified and even motorsports entered by some.

A private hire day at Slipway was organized and a number of members we out for skids and got a bit loose. If I remember correctly Viv managed to send a rod out the block of the rally car

Shred offered us a Dyno special that saw a number of cars make it out. Results varied from 130 to 200KW. Shred Motorsport which is located in Lower Hutt and has supported us with advice and have tuned some of our member’s cars with outstanding results. Check them out at http://www.shredmotorsport.co.nz/ and show your support.

This year I declined my nomination to stand again for personal reason. It is time that I took a break as I have some pretty big things lined up for 2012, which will take all my attention and efforts (plus I have a new project car)

I’m sure the club will release the details of your new Rep.

There is a slight possibility that I will return at some stage in the future to a position of power but for now I guess this is goodbye

Catch you guys out there,

Here is a salute to the old car...

36479_1335926206184_1471959849_30867325_

It was kinda sad to see the old BC5 R.I.P. - good times were had there; long nights, many many many motor swaps prior to a trackday!!!

But at least it's paved the path for bigger and better things :)

I too recall the first meet-up. It was a good way of "jump starting" the Welli crowd - which seemed like it would have died off otherwise...

• 4 weeks later...
 Simon C']

Time to start servicing the wife rather than servicing the car? ;)

I'm sure he's been servicing her for some time!

and she even pays for car part...... so dreamy ::)

[quote name='spark_38 said:

It was kinda sad to see the old BC5 R.I.P. - good times were had there; long nights, many many many motor swaps prior to a trackday!!!

But at least it's paved the path for bigger and better things :)

I too recall the first meet-up. It was a good way of "jump starting" the Welli crowd - which seemed like it would have died off otherwise...

Smaller and faster is the way to go...

There is always a place in the heart for the BC5 but time to move on.. that reminds me i owe you a beer for the time we did 4 engine swap in a week..

blondemaori said:

saw you the other day coming off the train. looked bloody cold and it felt like it 2 so didnt want to say anything.

Yeah that sounds about right, I would have been too asleep anyways to notice you as well. i normally don't end up waking up till around 9am