• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Would these look good on mine?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dubbedup said:

For a white car i dont think you can beat a set of factory 16s painted gloss black!

unless your getting race specific rims/show car rims

Yeah I'm thinking of that hahha, me and my friend are having a debate of either black or white rims haha.

Lampard']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Oh nice! Dont those require certs? If it does, how much is the cert?

yes, and about $500 iv aware of...

kwi_fozze']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Ouch.. That's $950 all up. =\

Lampard']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

yeah, thats y i gave up on the idea of adjusties... for now.

kwi_fozze']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

yeah, thats y i gave up on the idea of adjusties... for now.

Oh right hahha, have you lowered your car on springs?

v7 sti struts with v3??? sti wagon springs. sits the foz on its arse, handles nicely. unfortunately, only the fronts will fit in a legacy. im not sure of the best way to get a legacy closer to the ground bar lowering springs / adjustables. unless you contact (im guessing) somewhere like 41 automotive or similar and import some sti bits... $$$$$$$$!!!!!!!

kwi_fozze said:

v7 sti struts with v3??? sti wagon springs. sits the foz on its arse, handles nicely. unfortunately, only the fronts will fit in a legacy. im not sure of the best way to get a legacy closer to the ground bar lowering springs / adjustables. unless you contact (im guessing) somewhere like 41 automotive or similar and import some sti bits... $$$$$$$$!!!!!!!

Oh nice haha, damn that sounds expensive haha.

What's a good affordable option for me? =]

Firstly does your B4 have Bilstein Suspension (Yellow Struts)?

If yes then buy a set of lowering springs eg Tein, King

If no, then buy as set of bilsteins and then buy the springs.

Putting lowering springs on stock subaru struts is the quickest way to f*** them.

My car is the wagon version of your car its a TS type R, its got bilsteins and Tein lowering springs and looks and handles way better than when it was stock.

ADIKT']

[quote name='Lampard said:

OH awesome! haha, I heard that if it goes lower than 100mm on the ground it needs cert? url]http://lowvolumevehicle.co.nz/resource-pages/suspension/[/url]

You wont even get that close to the ground with lowering springs... maybe with adjusties..

+1, your strut towers are too long to still be effective, you'd be basically running on the bump stops, your struts would shag themselves....

40mm is 4cm... stack a few mates into the back of your car as an indicator.

look for progressive rate springs if your budget allows...

kwi_fozze']

[quote name='Lampard said:

OH awesome! haha, I heard that if it goes lower than 100mm on the ground it needs cert? url]http://lowvolumevehicle.co.nz/resource-pages/suspension/[/url]

You wont even get that close to the ground with lowering springs... maybe with adjusties..

+1, your strut towers are too long to still be effective, you'd be basically running on the bump stops, your struts would shag themselves....

40mm is 4cm... stack a few mates into the back of your car as an indicator.

look for progressive rate springs if your budget allows...

Oh right, so if I chuck in the 40mm lowering springs my car would be fine?

What does progressive rate springs do?

Sorry to be so annoying!

Yeah it should be fine. The lower you go the more you sacrifice the ride quality though obviously.

Progressive rate springs usually get firmer as they compress, which means they're less likely to bottom out and they might be a bit more compliant over smaller bumps etc

Flat4 said:

Yeah it should be fine. The lower you go the more you sacrifice the ride quality though obviously.

Progressive rate springs usually get firmer as they compress, which means they're less likely to bottom out and they might be a bit more compliant over smaller bumps etc

Oh okay, so have you chucked in your springs? How are they going? Thanks.

I'm really impressed with them - they're only a little bit bumpier on the road than the factory one's but the car doesn't roll anywhere near as much around corners. They are "Sabre" branded springs, never heard of them but they are progressive springs and look pretty decent

The car doesn't sit too much lower but it looks much better than it did before

• 2 weeks later...
 Lampard said:

Oh nice! And you got a good price for it hahha. I'm interested on a whole set right now, they're Jamex brand. Do you have any opinion about Jamex?

Thank you.

u know im learning alot from this thread ..

me and u are kinda in the same situation lol, except u beat me to startin the thread up