Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

6.5"/17cm front speakers fit BH Legacy GTB?

Magnolia Down

I just purchased a new set of speakers today - Infinity Reference 6030CS. I think they are normally around the $220 - $230 mark.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fdln068BQpL/p_1086030CS/Infinity-Reference-6030cs.html

They were recommended to me over those same Pioneers you are thinking of, which were my first option. The Pioneers I have at the moment are SO SO SO nice, but they just don't quite fit under my door cards, so I have to replace them. I'd be willing to sell them to someone on here for $200 + any shipping. Inlcudes all original packaging and mounting accessories.

I'm positive they would fit another Subaru like a Legacy, my old Legacy had a heap of room for speakers! And they fit the factory spacers. Just my GDB door cards are a fair bit narrower than my old Legacy was! They clear the windows perfectly.

If you're interested, they are Pioneer TS-C172PRS speakers, top of the line Reference Series.

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/press/news/prsspeakers.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why do you want splits front and rear? Won't that sort of kill the front soundstage? Unless the rear tweeters have been omitted? Then it's perfectly fine

If rear speakers are to be used, normally co-axials are best. And they need to be faded out, just to give a slight ambience from the drivers seat... I normally just cheat and don't fit them at all. From previous experience having rears they needed at least 1/3 fading to front i.e. +5 on a (+/-15 range)

spark_38 said:

Why do you want splits front and rear? Won't that sort of kill the front soundstage? Unless the rear tweeters have been omitted? Then it's perfectly fine

If rear speakers are to be used, normally co-axials are best. And they need to be faded out, just to give a slight ambience from the drivers seat... I normally just cheat and don't fit them at all. From previous experience having rears they needed at least 1/3 fading to front i.e. +5 on a (+/-15 range)

i run 2 pairs in my car as well the sony ones they sound fukn wikid with my dvd setup i put them in so you can park up sit in the back and watch a dvd and still get that full on sound. just like you are sitting in the front.

I'm a bit biased on Sony gear in general. It's ok if you got it for the right price... their older stuff was great, 1996-2001 era. Perhaps I was put off by a bad experience with their home hi-fi audio systems, and dealings with Bond+Bond.

Actually their component speakers with the ribbon tweeters are prob great, but I can't recall how much they were.

My first setup consisted on the mightly XM-222 (Mk 1, Jap build, back when Sony were good), everyone has had one of those at one stage in their car audio setup. 35Wx2 or 80Wx1 (bridged) and it went 'hard' driving the 10" xplod sub - this was back in the day when headunits put out 35Wx4 (max) ~8-12W RMS. Got them for $100 for both about 8-9 years ago - score back then. Basic CD tuners were $500+. Needless to say I had a Tape deck with single pre-out :)

spark_38 said:

I'm a bit biased on Sony gear back in the day when headunits put out 35Wx4 (max) ~8-12W RMS. Got them for $100 for both about 8-9 years ago - score back then. Basic CD tuners were $500+. Needless to say I had a Tape deck with single pre-out :)

Hahahah yip i remember the 222 days wAs able to get 135db out of a vccs pioneer sub. And yes thats the components talking about retail 170 my price 64+ lol so hey why not and they actually sound mint but apart from that hate sony stuff there old head units were good though none of this xpload shit though. Thats wat it does bloody xpload. Its the only brand that i warn my customers about when ive installed it in their car.

• 4 weeks later...