Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Surging and hesitating under boost

Pappu1

ODB']

[quote name='X said:

na im taking the forester up this time, got a engine drop to do on a v9 wrx and a clutch job to do on a Nissan GTR, and wiring job to do on a ver2 wrx

/quote]

man u should just get qualified as a mechanic and open a shop!

+1

ODB']

[quote name='X said:

na im taking the forester up this time, got a engine drop to do on a v9 wrx and a clutch job to do on a Nissan GTR, and wiring job to do on a ver2 wrx

/quote]

He Does not need to be qualified to open a shop :) and I can bet he is better than 80% of the "qualfied" mechanics out there

X said:

what kinda power you after and what you using your car for?

-no i cant remember if they ever did... was also looking at our new sponser's turbo also but they are not bolt on kit

as long as the turbo comes with warranty it should be sweet....

20g is good... but then u got AVCS heads which helps spolls up the turbo faster

240kw atw... but I'm more interested in keeping the power all the way to redline, I dislike how at 6300rpm with my VF36/30 cross breed mongrel the car feels like it is slowing down...

Using my car for daily driving and the odd track day. When funds permit I want to buy a single turbo legacy for work and turn the Impreza in to a caged track weapon

DRFVDR']

[quote name='X said:

/quote]

He Does not need to be qualified to open a shop :) and I can bet he is better than 80% of the "qualfied" mechanics out there

Anything goes wrong blowback and legal implications would be huge for an "unqualified" mechanic.

Best to get industry standard shit.

there has been talk of the stock maf housing maxing out by220..some ppl have claimed 240 max..

im on that path currently to see what the max is..

whatever it is.. the driving experience will be solid midrange and unrelenting top end ..as flat as possible on the power curve..

thats the plan anyway

^^^ Hey bro if you ever decide to sell that cross bred mongrel turbo I would be willing to take it off your hands on another note are you external or internal? If your internal did you ever thing about upgrading the actuator to the kinugawa 1 bar type they are a direct fit and do well to hold the boost to redline I have heard

xsvpwr said:

Oh yeah will keep that in mind bro, cars on internal with spring pre set at 11 psi is what invoice frim Steve Murch states. Keen to keep a flat power level higher in the rev range what do you suggest?

Not really sure maybe external but me you and pappu are all in the same boat hunting for power to the redline! Try an hks evc 5 also have seen some cars holdrock solid with these

Acctually u don't really need To hold boost till redline

In my last dyno I held power within 2-3% all the way from approx 4k-8k

that's fairly flat and I am pretty happy as 2% variance is no too bad at all

Anyway my boost did drop by ab 7 psi from peak but I used timing to compensate and get that flatish power

Lol found that my internal actuator can only hold 5.5psi hahaha old age must have struck it hard

Will plan to do the same on new setup

Not push huge boost at redline so as To preserve turbo but use clever tuning to try and keep things good

That's the plan

It has worked in the past as dyno proven and now will b doing the same sorta tune on a bigger turbo

Feeling rather positive that can pull it off but I guess time will tell eh