Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Flow test Injectors

fbssub1

Hi Im based north of Taupo have just brought some de-capped sidefeeds that are meant to be 820cc, just rebuilt motor 2.5 forged block, last thing I want to do is put these in to find it run lean and have a lot of money and hard work and months of work for nothing, want something as easy as putting into a post bag and sending, what is the cost per injector.

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers Brian

fbssub1']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

they need to be in the rails to flow test them .....

im sure there would be somwhere in taupo that would do flowtesting .

/quote]

so do they need my intake and after market fuel reg?

Just the rails with injectors fitted.

Hope you are going to run an after market computer to run your rebuild.

A professional tune will ensure no leanness / knock occurs

take to rotorua diesel and turbo can flow test them

beware - the spray pattern is going to be complete and utter crap with no caps - it will litterally pour the fuel out instead of atomising it - it wont run well and it will use alot of gas

u will need a full tune to run them - and whilst tuning the tuner sets it up to desired air fuel ratio -

RE - capped is a million times better than DE capped - V spray pattern caps is the way to go

the spray pattern MAY be crap . you dont know till you get them tested.

even if they arnt the best they will still work and many people have run them with success.

if your in the market and are running a link im going to be purchasing some 1200cc sidefeed injectors in the next week.

may be able to get a better deal when buying 2 kits :)

let me know if your keen ...... no wiring needed to

subaru11083-1000_4_600.jpg

subout said:

im def interested!!!!!!! was going to go tops but sides would be easier for me, selling my 800's atm

nice i know there $570 nzd shipped for one set but i dont see why the shipping would change with extra sets + price may come down.

its a good price anyway!! would've been great if it was 2 mounths ago :D

rex-leggy']

[quote name='subout said:

im def interested!!!!!!! was going to go tops but sides would be easier for me, selling my 800's atm

/quote]

nice i know there $570 nzd shipped for one set but i dont see why the shipping would change with extra sets + price may come down.

defenitley keen if you wnated to see if any variance that would be amazing!!

subout']

/quote]

defenitley keen if you wnated to see if any variance that would be amazing!!

i will send an email off and pm you details when i hear back

Make sure you get those big assed side feeds flow tested in the rails that you're going to use as I've found a nasty flowrate drop (assumed pressure drop) between the first and second one in a rail on the earlier factory rails. My hypothesis is that it is caused by the fuel having to flow through/around one injector to get to the next.

That was when flowing ~830cc at 100% IDC.

subout said:

bigger aftermarket rails will prob sort that out???

That would be my guess too. Some of the later factory side feed rails look like they've offset the "feed tube" bit of the rail so its not all flowing through one injector to get to the other. I still don't trust side feeds much but I don't have any other flow test data to show yay or nay.

Koom']

/quote]

That would be my guess too. Some of the later factory side feed rails look like they've offset the "feed tube" bit of the rail so its not all flowing through one injector to get to the other. I still don't trust side feeds much but I don't have any other flow test data to show yay or nay.

so tops are a better call for higher flowing injectors

alot of high power cars still use sidefeeds.

i dont know much about flow rates but if it does effect it its not in a way that the injectors going going to starve and not flows any fuel.

the rails still going to be full of fuel and at pressure ....... just might be a slight resistance .

wont stop me from running them anyways :)

i thought most people go for a top feed conversion because

a: they want large injectors

b: the heard its the way to go

just my 2c

subout']

so tops are a better call for higher flowing injectors

I don't know to be honest as I haven't flow tested any top feed rails so anything I guess about them is an assumption. But as I said, I found a flowrate drop drop using side feeds that was significant enough that it was well outside the general flowrate tolerance between the injectors in a set. i.e. if your set of injectors all flow within 1% of each other but then they flow 6% less depending on if they are first or second in a rail, that is enough to make me take notice.

(If you're looking at 1200cc injectors, 6% less is ~1128cc)

If you're looking into a safe-ish tune, or have per-cylinder knock detection/per-cylinder exhaust temp detection, then its not really a worry. If using a G4 you can just limit each cylinder.

Its not like one cylinder is going to run out of fuel, but do you have the setup to know that even though the overall A/F ratio is what you want, that you don't have one cylinder lean and one rich on each bank?

I don't like the thought of my injectors (rated at 740cc) in side feed rails, so I personally would be incredibly wary of massive 1200cc injectors in side feed rails unless you have some very trick aftermarket side feed rails.

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

i thought most people go for a top feed conversion because

a: they want large injectors

1200cc is fu***n huge;).

Have those five-0 injectors even got a decent reputation? I was looking at them for top-feed 1000cc but will probably go for ID1000's anyway as haven't seen much about them.

i guess they are quite large. they have 1000cc,800cc ect to and there cheeper again slightly.

not very sure about there reputation but they've been around for a while now.

i found a bit of good comments but haven't found any bad yet.

i guess ill just have to see. will deff be an interesting idle on a possum link until i upgrade :D

On a Possumlink with 740's (I also had a 3 Bar MAP sensor which destroys any resolution with tuning anyway but if you're going to big injectors there's no use in sticking with the factory MAP sensor as you'll make no power and should have stuck with the 440cc injectors) I struggled to get it to idle any leaner than 10.5:1 and the cruise cells were also nearly as bad. The amount of fuel used was barely different between cruise and full throttle everywhere! i.e. I wasted $50 of gas driving from Rolleston to Hornby with half cruise and half under load playing with the tune.

If you are going to upgrade to a G4 or similar later down the track, I wouldn't bother trying to chase big power numbers with a Possumlink. IMO once you are heading up over 200kw they start to become more of a danger than a useful tuning tool. Up to 200-220kw they are great basic ECU's that are good value for money though.

I was going to do the same thing as I knew my car at least ran on the Possumlink but have sold it before finishing my new motor so that plan has gone out the window :)

Why not run it in on the Possumlink with 440cc injectors? That was my other plan to at least get a reasonable tune/run-in in it before going nuts on it.

Koom said:

Make sure you get those big assed side feeds flow tested in the rails that you're going to use as I've found a nasty flowrate drop (assumed pressure drop) between the first and second one in a rail on the earlier factory rails. My hypothesis is that it is caused by the fuel having to flow through/around one injector to get to the next.

That was when flowing ~830cc at 100% IDC.

Using split rail fuel system and a link, not using factory rails

Koom said:

I was going to do the same thing as I knew my car at least ran on the Possumlink but have sold it before finishing my new motor so that plan has gone out the window :)

Why not run it in on the Possumlink with 440cc injectors? That was my other plan to at least get a reasonable tune/run-in in it before going nuts on it.

was going to do this but got to keen and decapped the :D