Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Version 7 factory fuel rails ok to 270kw??

tez n u

grego0o said:

I'm running 300+ with 850cc top feeds on factory rails. No issues with it!

Imressive :)

Did u parallel them? The speed source Sti is apparently running stock confg the last time I had asked

I suppose 1000 cc will be easily 270 and then more for u

Do eeeeeetttt man ;D

no point getting aftermarket ones, its just for bling and cost lots of money. Chances are if not fitted properly it leaks

make sure that with your new injectors u replace all rubber seals/o-rings the top ones are easily damage when refitting them

tez n u said:

Do i have to get new o rings even if the injectors are brand new? Will the g4 be good to control 1000cc's nicely as i want a good idle as well :) im getting injector dynamics by the way :)

Id1000s will be fine at idle with the g4 I plan on upgrading to id2200s and suspect ill run into issues then...

Not sure if the ids come with new o rings, I replaced mine with Subaru ones... Set me back $40ish for the set

you can reused them but whats $40 compare to your car burning down to ashed?

im sure that when u get the IDAs u get new o-rings with it?

fitting can take awhile especially on the ver7. i find it easier to take the manifold off to do it, while u at it remove the oil filters filters which are in the banjo for the turbo

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,23227.0.html

X said:

you can reused them but whats $40 compare to your car burning down to ashed?

im sure that when u get the IDAs u get new o-rings with it?

fitting can take awhile especially on the ver7. i find it easier to take the manifold off to do it, while u at it remove the oil filters filters which are in the banjo for the turbo

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,23227.0.html

I dont have the factory metal fuel lines (split fuel system) so wont have to remove the inlet manifold ;D and i dont have factory turbo or oil feed 8)

Im in the same boat, upgrading injectors. Im thinking either

http://www.msel.co.nz/epages/motorsportelectronics.sf/en_NZ/?ObjectPath=/Shops/motorsportelectronics/Products/INJSDWRX

or

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/denso-1000cc-direct-fit-fuel-injector

pretty much the same price, anyone had experiences with either? reading upon Fiveo feedback and it seems to be mixed, cant find any on the siemens.

pappu said:

What's the issue with decap?

Doesn't the link g4 have per injector scaling?? - just to super fine tune

(stock Ecu does during reflash)

Decaps are always a little dodgy and don't have a great spray pattern...I can say this as I currently run decapped v7 pinks... You don't get great fuel ec from them either...but this is what you get when someone has taken a tiny file to top of your stock injectors to open the end up... Id say go for the id1000s their well known in nz on the performance scene and are pretty well priced...then when you get your car dynod just get them to install them before hand if your not confidant to do it yourself?

Oh na i can install them myself no problem just wanted to know what other bits i need to get them to fit in my stock version 7 rail and manifold setup, as far as i know i have to order them with the 11mm o ring top fitting so that sort of sets the fuel rail side of things but what about the inlet manifold side? Will it just sit in its injector port without any mods or do i need spacers and new bottom o rings to suite etc?

grego0o']

[quote name='pappu said:

What's the issue with decap?

Doesn't the link g4 have per injector scaling?? - just to super fine tune

(stock Ecu does during reflash)

/quote]

Decaps are always a little dodgy and don't have a great spray pattern...I can say this as I currently run decapped v7 pinks... You don't get great fuel ec from them either...but this is what you get when someone has taken a tiny file to top of your stock injectors to open the end up...

i run decap yellows with link g4. had them flow tested first and they were all within tolerance. my fuel economy is pretty good for what it is. my car runs a low base pressure of around 30psi, and a higher duty cycle on cruise, as i believe the decaps work better with higher dc. it drives like factory, so it works pretty well. drives a lot better than my previous setup of sard 800cc and possumlink!

I have no doubt the sards would be better than the decaps. Just saying the ecu made a huge difference as opposed to the injectors making bugger all difference.

Ie, good ecu and tune decaps are fine. I can only imagine what an older ecu would be like with them.

When by brother in law was getting his car sorted by e&h motors they fully recommended Decap pinks as they swore it had a very acceptable spray pattern etc

In fact they had put some in some sr20 built motors as well apparently

Also even a few other ppl I know had them tested and all with good results

Personally I was sold on the decap ones Te day e&h recommended them as they defenetly are known for their build knowledge

Anyway I suppose if u got the funds to get proper ones then that of course wud be the best choice always

Lol decaps for budget build lol

Yay, installed the siemens 850cc's today :0 so far its good :) no leaks he he (touch wood) and the link g4 with just a rough tune drives soo well ;D.....has very good start up and idle considering it was just a quick tune, hopefully dyno tune next week after i install the turbo silicon intake :)