Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Major lagging just started today

Caleb 895/1000']

Just today wen i accelerate wen my 97 wrx sti hits bowt 4000rpm it loses all power and splutters.

wat could b wrong with it?????????? ??? ??? ???

I too have this problem with my BF5, I'm in the process of checking it out.. does yours go away if you put your foot down? mine happens around the 3000rpm mark or when the car is under load just before/as the turbo start to come on

[quote name='dubbedup said:

Yep very undrivable over 3500 rpm if its an intercooler pipe, have had it happen many a time...

Mines only happens when the car is underload (or watching boost gauage when it just sits under 0 or just above)

so you reckon to check turbo, intercooler piping and clamps?

hey Bazza and Caleb how much boost you running??...could be a number of things. as above said sh!t fuel, stuffed pump, spark plugs, and most common the good old gen 1 coil packs(Bazza). If your boosting around 1bar in those legacys your coils will stuff out soon and as BC5RA told me it'l be better to convert to bosch coils.

It wont be coil packs on his 97 wrx because it will have the single coil pack mounted on the manifold. V3-V4

(Yee I used to own a 93 WRX RA many moons ago & I had to replace many sets of coil packs & plugs due to sh!t fuel from roadtrips-so I feel your pain there)

Caleb 895/1000 said:

No im getting no bearing noises... im putting 95 in but just started to put 98 in today. Getting it checked out next week. Could it be the air flow meter by anychance?

usually get a check engine light form faulty AFM

Caleb 895/1000']

Does yours happen all the time or just sumtimes

Just Sometimes aye not all the time...

pull spark plugs and check them....

I have just replaced them at the same time i switched to 98 and fuel cleaner etc, high possibility that its not them

hey Bazza and Caleb how much boost you running??...could be a number of things. as above said sh!t fuel, stuffed pump, spark plugs, and most common the good old gen 1 coil packs(Bazza). If your boosting around 1bar in those legacys your coils will stuff out soon and as BC5RA told me it'l be better to convert to bosch coils.

I use BP 98 Fuel in my car, (haven't checked pump yet!) spark plugs new, Coils i'm sure are alright / where (anyway of testing them?) and only boosting 7psi so not even reaching 1 bar (provided my maths is right 1 bar = 14.xxx PSI??)

[quote name='Sleeper said:

Turbo sticking maybe? Are you getting any shat bearing noises?

I get a little bit of noise from my turbo (mainly because i have a pod and can hear pretty much every intake noise known to man) i have sitting at home a VF8 and VF 10 which i could try put in but am way to busy at the moment

NO CODES showing

BC5RA said:

AFM's can start to get cranky without throwing a code.

I do highly recommend cleaning of the TPS connectors and AFM/Connector's with AFM cleaner.

Also clean the IAVC with carby cleaner.

I had just recently ran a Upper engine cleaner through the car and AFM clearer plus used a spear AFM to double check

Drove it home tonight, decided to reset the computer after filling it up on 98 and it wouldn't reset and came up with a code (Code 43) any idea what that is for?

i always just connected the black ones together to get codes, this time connected was black and green set...

dubbedup']

Is 43 TPS?

I'm not too sure, i tried looking it up in the manual i got but it goes from 42 to 44 left 43 out completely so left a little confused and in the dark...

[quote name='BC5RA said:

Bazza,

Did the issues start after you used the Upper engine cleaner?

And i'm a knob i forgot, do you still need that 90 degree bend?

Was doing it before hand as well, engine cleaner helped a little bit, its not as bad now.

nah its all good got one with the vf10 turbo i got so will just switch it over the vf8 now, you car keep that for a rainy day.. someone else might need it one day

planting ur foot on the gas pedal. car dont sound right?? high revs but not getting anywea? may be running on three cylinders... if its not the sparkies, check HT leads, u can test with a mulimeter in ohms tho...correct me if im wrong but u have the probes at each end of the HT lead dont matter which way (possitive/negative) u mite have to check for wat the resistance shud be

hope this help.....sorry if it dont, goodluck tho

benniepak said:

planting ur foot on the gas pedal. car dont sound right?? high revs but not getting anywea? may be running on three cylinders... if its not the sparkies, check HT leads, u can test with a mulimeter in ohms tho...correct me if im wrong but u have the probes at each end of the HT lead dont matter which way (possitive/negative) u mite have to check for wat the resistance shud be

hope this help.....sorry if it dont, goodluck tho

Nah opposite actually, runs good, on all four, sometime it does it little problems as stated above, its actually when i take my foot off the gas, *(ie in gear going down hill) that the car doesn't sound right, sounds horrible, all crackly and like burp burp burp etc...

I've got my mate new ones and checked, not a coilpack problem but thanks anyways