Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Mod suggestions for V8 Wrx Sti

V8STI

my last subaru which was a v7 sti had a hks pod filter and cusco adjusties andthey were both declared to the Warrenty company autosure and they accepted and it was included in my warrenty . how ever it was also certed so i would at a guess say it made their decision a tad easier.

if you are going to lower it i have a set of mint as tein flex in my garage that i will sell for the right price . :)

GT1UPU said:

my last subaru which was a v7 sti had a hks pod filter and cusco adjusties andthey were both declared to the Warrenty company autosure and they accepted and it was included in my warrenty . how ever it was also certed so i would at a guess say it made their decision a tad easier.

if you are going to lower it i have a set of mint as tein flex in my garage that i will sell for the right price . :)

lows or super lows? what sort of drop are we talking and how much?

yeah na its already stipulated on my insurance i can alter the exhaust (leaving cat in place), pod/panel filter and bov

trust me ive read the fine print. studied a business law minor along with my accounting major at Uni.

1CE']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Welcome!

3" exhaust + walbro fuel pump + ECU re-flash. Thats what i would start with.

Where abouts are you based?

/quote]

+ 1. If you wanted to do intake before the ECU reflash I would recommend the following. Cheap shipping.

http://www.importimageracing.com/gimmick-motorsports-complete-intake-solution-2-for-02-07-wrx-sti.html

Mint site!! Has anyone ever brought from them?

BINKZ']

[quote name='GT1UPU said:

/quote]

lows or super lows? what sort of drop are we talking and how much?

yeah na its already stipulated on my insurance i can alter the exhaust (leaving cat in place), pod/panel filter and bov

trust me ive read the fine print. studied a business law minor along with my accounting major at Uni.

depends on the brand but usually 1.5 inch for low and 2 inch for superlow

STiNGR']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Welcome!

/quote]

+ 1. If you wanted to do intake before the ECU reflash I would recommend the following. Cheap shipping.

http://www.importimageracing.com/gimmick-motorsports-complete-intake-solution-2-for-02-07-wrx-sti.html

I almost did once, but they were very slack in getting back to me with answers to questions. Initially he was fine, replying within 24 hours (considering the time zones), but then just stopped altogether, so never went through with it.

But yes, that site is pretty cheap and has A LOT of stuff.

Scoobydoo']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Welcome!

/quote]

I almost did once, but they were very slack in getting back to me with answers to questions. Initially he was fine, replying within 24 hours (considering the time zones), but then just stopped altogether, so never went through with it.

But yes, that site is pretty cheap and has A LOT of stuff.

I got onto the link through one of your earlier posts Paul. Found the same, initial contact was good then more and more delayed. However once I decided what I wanted and asked for payment options they sent me a link where I could pay by credit card and parts arrived a week later. I'll be ordering more parts from them.

In regards to the mods for your v8, a full TBE will make a huge difference, and I would recommend a full intake. I noticed a big difference with the intake on my v8. I did fuel pump also and FMIC, made 240kw with reflash. I suspect you could make similar power with the standard TMIC. You will notice a big difference over standard, only issue is how long that will keep you entertained for haha. The next step of engine mods from there depends on how thick your wallet is:-/