Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

New Turbo but which one to get.......?

Dave88

What are the differences between the vf 36 and vf 37 turbos and if you had a choice which is better/ more reliable?

guys at spec 2 are all good, they've checked over everything with no questions asked and apart from less power than expected it sounds awesome (best part is doesn't have subaru burble no offense to those that like it)

So interesting News... Got message from Garry Capper and he's reflashed car and now producing 205-210Kw atw up from 132Kw atw when done at STHITEC so my prob is now do I go back to STHITEC and ask for a refund since they so royally mashed it up. Has anyone had something like this happen and got anywhere by asking for refund?

Very happy with outcome now tho so thank you for mentioning Garry Capper Performance

Dave88 said:

So interesting News... Got message from Garry Capper and he's reflashed car and now producing 205-210Kw atw up from 132Kw atw when done at STHITEC so my prob is now do I go back to STHITEC and ask for a refund since they so royally mashed it up. Has anyone had something like this happen and got anywhere by asking for refund?

Very happy with outcome now tho so thank you for mentioning Garry Capper Performance

That's good to hear mate. I would take it to another place and do a simple dyno run and get a printout. Take both print outs to soichi and kindly ask for a refund. And hope for the best.

What he said

Highly recomend taking to torque performance and getting a dyno readin done there

Gcp as good as they are I have always had them as inflated reading

In any case once u get torque to do a run then u will have some proper figures to show sthitech

Also get Gcp to inform u what all they found wrong with the st tune cos that way u have some technical stuff to update them with

135 to 210 is a very very huge jump especially if it was supposed to have had a proper reflash as st

Dunno man usually st are rather good

ADIKT']

[quote name='Dave88 said:

/quote]

That's good to hear mate. I would take it to another place and do a simple dyno run and get a printout. Take both print outs to soichi and kindly ask for a refund. And hope for the best.

STHITEC said they would do a power run for free after the first time they tried it so maybe get them to do it then there is no way to argue anything else?

Anyway hope for the best as STHITEC one was $970<---Made car slower..... Capper $800<--- made car faster

Dave88 said:

STHITEC said they would do a power run for free after the first time they tried it so maybe get them to do it then there is no way to argue anything else?

Anyway hope for the best as STHITEC one was $970<---Made car slower..... Capper $800<--- made car faster

Yea just take it back to soichi - do a run. See what happens. And if it up around the 200kw mark i would be asking for a refund.

What this guy said

ADIKT']

/quote]

Yea just take it back to soichi - do a run. See what happens. And if it up around the 200kw mark i would be asking for a refund.

pappu']

What this guy said

/quote]

+1

Went back to STHITEC and he gave me full refund which I thought was very professional of them to admit they hadn't achieved a satisfactory result to good to know there are honest businesses out there.

On another note anyone going to playdays trackday tomorrow at Hampton Downs???