Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

New Turbo but which one to get.......?

Dave88

Hey guys,

Second thread I've posted on here and now looking for a bit of advice on a suitable turbo upgrade for my 06 B4 (currently still has standard turbo) that will fit well with modifications I have done so far and without having to change engine internals etc.

Mods List so far:

Downpipe + full 3inch exhaust

sard Fuel pump

Sard Fuel pressure

Bigger top mount intercooler

HKS panel filter in air box

HKS Boost controller

HKS BOV

ECU Reflash

Not sure which turbo it is exactly, how can I find out without peeking at it as not sure can get close enough?

I don't mind spending a bit to get a decent new one or 2nd hand one off sti maybe? Just don't want to over do it and get something that I would then have to go and change and whole host of other things but rather just maximize the power and response potential of what engine can currently handle

Dave88 said:

Not sure which turbo it is exactly, how can I find out without peeking at it as not sure can get close enough?

I don't mind spending a bit to get a decent new one or 2nd hand one off sti maybe? Just don't want to over do it and get something that I would then have to go and change and whole host of other things but rather just maximize the power and response potential of what engine can currently handle

we need to establish what turbo you have currently. It could be twin scroll or single scroll. Once we know which one - we can give some suggestions to what would be a good upgrade.

Dont be lazy - go have a look at you turbo for marking as to what it is. As said previously it is most likely a vf38 or a td04

in saying that, i saw your other thread and think something is wrong to get that low power.

I've seen a td04 make 180kw atw with link and supporting mods etc, so i would have thought a twin scroll one should be able to make at least the same?

have you checked your engines compression etc etc?

Had look at turbo but all I can see is 513 04h.

Yeah I'm sending it Back to Spec 2 today because he was expecting 180kw atw as well so he can get to the bottom of it. I'm just assuming they are going to find what went wrong and fix it so I can move onto next upgrades

Dave88 said:

On another note if spec 2 cant find out what the issue is what is a good place to take it to? Was thinking Speed source but somewhere in Auckland would be nice

Meh id take it to garry capper performance. In south auckland. Specializes in subarus ;)

Torque performance in Avondale

they are the best for new gen subaru like ur one

u can call up and ask the tun ers and usually Torque is recomended for the new gen stuff

usually a badly done flash will cause it to produce lower if mechanically the car is perfect (which spec2 wud have picked on...)

Dave88 said:

Have car back, mechanically everything checked over and fine so not the issue so booked into Garry capper performance next week for re dyno so fingers crossed that's the issue....

is he doing a reflash for you?

Good luck

2314503.jpg

vorigan said:

nothing wrong with the td04 wasn't spec2 part of that meh drug bust or at-least that's where they all hung out, so they said on tv

Hmmm seems like a fair few dodgy characters get into "the scene".

What went down here?

it was about a month ago and it was a 50 million dollar bust plus properties and virus accounts around the place fire arms etc and linked to 4 or so people do a search on nz hearald should tell all but they showed spec2 being raided as they go alot of their toys done there

ADIKT']

[quote name='Dave88 said:

Have car back, mechanically everything checked over and fine so not the issue so booked into Garry capper performance next week for re dyno so fingers crossed that's the issue....

/quote]

is he doing a reflash for you?

Good luck

2314503.jpg

+1