Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Quick HELP please, Tein SF Forester adj coilovers into BG Legacy?

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if anyone could help out here (or has any experience). I've used search function and google before posting but couldn't get a definitive answer. Even rang the shock shop (who said they would'nt fit)

I found a set of Tein height/camber/damper coilovers in the shed (forgot they were there), does anyone know if they'd fit into a '97 BG5 Legacy wagon?

As far as I can tell they'll all bolt up alright (correct me if I'm wrong), but what about height etc? The Forester was a taller car, if I put them in would I end up with a ride height all the whack? I'm looking to just tuck the rear wheels in the arches a bit. I've got Tein's in the Legacy at the moment but the set up on them isn't the greatest, even at their lowest setting the car looks front heavy with the arse poking up by miles.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

I've got an old set of only height adj tein already in the Legacy at the moment so changing the top hats won't be an issue. Just want to change the current set up out as it sits funny and even on the lowest setting the rear tyres are still about 20-30mm from the wheel arches.

So my thinking is... by changing (upgrading to a newer, higher spec'd) Tein adj, will I be able to bring the wagon lower?

Exellent. Thanks guys. I'll throw them in over the weekend since it's such crap weather outside and see how they go. Hopefully I'll be able to tuck the rear tyres in the wheel arches with this set.

I'm mystified as to why the older more basic set even on thier lowest setting made the cars arse stick up and had a huge gap between wheels/arches?

Try them mate.

Alternativly, what you could do- is throw the new fronts in - and with your old front ones, wack the top hat off and swap it with the rears you currently have in. then wind them UP as much as possible.

It's what I have in currently (because tein is the sh*ttyiest suspention ive ever delt with).

Do you want a piture of how low?

Here you go-

Trailered.jpg

Hey thanks SlideSector for that piece of advise. Sounds like you had the same ordeal as me. I had some BC golds that went real low (too low) but they were rubbish. I'm gonna do exactly as you say. How far UP have you got it wound in that photo?

I still have like an inch of a gap even with it wound right down and it looks stupid like the car is a bulldozer or something.

Also I've heard about your wagon (single turbo) keen to pick you brains about what you did to it and if you could do it again what you'd do differently etc?

JDMGTB said:

Hey thanks SlideSector for that piece of advise. Sounds like you had the same ordeal as me. I had some BC golds that went real low (too low) but they were rubbish. I'm gonna do exactly as you say. How far UP have you got it wound in that photo?

I still have like an inch of a gap even with it wound right down and it looks stupid like the car is a bulldozer or something.

Also I've heard about your wagon (single turbo) keen to pick you brains about what you did to it and if you could do it again what you'd do differently etc?

now orries mate, Do you still have the BC's by any chance??

In that photo it's nealy at the Top of being wound up.. So you really have to wind them up, Although they were VERY low front struts so I suppose it depends on what you have in your front at the moment.

I had tein street specs in the rear and it was like 6" higher wound right down, it looked so stupid, and I ahve to keep putting them back in for they DYNO!

Yeah sounds good, always keen to have a chat! Heaps I would have done different thats for sure!

Speaking of parts I got some Dam wicked Cystal headlights- God knows where the perseon who sold them got them from but dam they look good!

na I got rid of the BC's aye, they were rubbish, wouldn't even touch them again. They bent heaps of components under the car and gave a rediclous ride.

Where are you located? Aucks? Might give you a txt next time I'm up and pop round for a chat. Cos I'm real keen to do a single turbo conversion over winter as a project, to have the car on the road for next sumer.

I'm in the Mount and shoot up to Aucks quite often.

How hard was it to wind the coils all the way up? Mine get difficult about halfway up.

JDMGTB said:

na I got rid of the BC's aye, they were rubbish, wouldn't even touch them again. They bent heaps of components under the car and gave a rediclous ride.

Where are you located? Aucks? Might give you a txt next time I'm up and pop round for a chat. Cos I'm real keen to do a single turbo conversion over winter as a project, to have the car on the road for next sumer.

I'm in the Mount and shoot up to Aucks quite often.

How hard was it to wind the coils all the way up? Mine get difficult about halfway up.

CRC the shit outs them lol and also i reccomend getting a hammer and using a screwdriver and hitting them aswell. I've got BC golds in my s14 and its beuitful, but yeh certain suspention for certain cars ae.

Sounds wicked amte

Im in Hamilton yeah that would be sweetas mate, just PM me.

Slidesector said:

Try them mate.

Alternativly, what you could do- is throw the new fronts in - and with your old front ones, wack the top hat off and swap it with the rears you currently have in. then wind them UP as much as possible.

It's what I have in currently (because tein is the sh*ttyiest suspention ive ever delt with).

Do you want a piture of how low?

Here you go-

Trailered.jpg

what are these wheels seen this at the nats i got the same wheels but duno what they are?

i had tein bg5 rear struts in my foz 2000 sf5 bolted straight in and had it as low as it could go with the keepers in so im not sure how low with out but it just tucked an 18" into the rear guard.