Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BC5 RS Rear Windscreen Seal Replacement???

As above the rubber seal on the top of the rear windscreen on my BC5 is cracked and broken and as a result may be letting moisture into the car.

Any ideas on where I would find a replacement???

Ive been using black tape as you can see but it looks shocking and peels off.

See Pics.

Cheers

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

We are borg said:

the rear window is bonded in so replacing the weatherstrip may not stop the water getting in

If your rear windscreen is leaking it may have rust under it. I'm a bit worried about this as my BC5 is doing the same through the front screen and does have rust elsewhere in the car.

Greaver said:

Quick hijack, is it possible to buy new seals? All of mine are perfect but the ones on the rear side windows are ultra s*** and filthy so I can only assume the others have been replaced at some stage.

Filthy or just oxidised? My BE has some serious oxidisation issues on the trim surrounding the fixed side windows (quarter glass) I'm not sure how to fix them but I'm betting they can be bought new

Pulled off windscreen two months ago because it was leaking and had a 30cm crack in it

found the sealer had cracked abit and made a hole where water was seeping through.

put on new windscreen with new sealer and it was sorted

might be worth a try to re-seal yours OP...

Can someone confirm this ?

i mean my windscreen was cracked towards engine bay side (bottom) but the windscreen was leaking from the roofside (top),

the bond holding the windscreen in (windscreen sealer) deteriorated a bit making a little hole that water could get through at the top...

crack just gave a reason to get it replaced etc...

We are borg said:

where is the water settling ?? if in the boot I know these are chronic for rusting out around the bottom of the rear windscreen

There is often moisture on the inside of the rear windscreen on cold nights.