Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

HKS EVC.. Help Please

Phewsion

Hey all

So this SF5 Forester I bought on Sunday has a HKS EVC where the fuses are (see pic), I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what it does, ideal settings and possibly a manual for it? It was turned off when I found it so I've powered it back on, but unsure of purpose.

010.jpg

Thanks!

boost controller!

check on the drivers strut tower in engine bay to see if you have stock solenoid or a HKS branded solenoid.

if your car is running the HKS evc... it should be powered the whole time the car is on. you shouldnt be able to choose between on and off...

It has a "PWR" Button on it, While the engine was running it lit up but showed no numbers, So assumed it was doing it's stuff sort of in the background? I pressed PWR and it now all the numbers show it

But I'm unsure on what it is set too

Roughly while cruising at 60 it sits around the numer 4.xx

When I floor it to get up to 100 on motorway it goes down from memory didn't really look carefully need to watch the road :P

Still need help with this

I found the HKS Box in the engine bay, Think it's an HKS EVC IV

001.jpg

Closer look

003.jpg

Can I tee in too any of those hoses for a boost gauge? Most of the hoses the numbers have worn off, I read Vacuum #22 but can't find it

The EVC Displays boost but as you can see in the first post it's not in an ideal place to look at while driving. Thanks!

Boost controller yes. There should be a hose into the top of the manifold... I'll take a piccy of mine, its yellow, tee into that one. Get yourself a decent boost gauge, much easier to read than a digital display, as there is no need to actually focus on it.

*edit* i see yours is an older v3/4 manifold... i'd be using that black hose that enters the manifold just to the left of the coil pack in that piccy.

MIght not actually be working properly so check the hoses are in the correct ports on the solenoid and coming from the correct places.

Reset the controller and put in settings as per the manual.

4.** something as you stated is probably 4 psi odd. Hope you dont have a prob when you turn it up.

It sits at 4-5.xx by default when I just start the car, and actually decreases when I accelerate

Stupid question, if I just want stock boost what should I set it too Low/High I can follow instructions to set it up but not sure which values to use

Pappu said to put it to 14-15psi, but from reading instructions I need a low and high point, assuming 14 as high what would low be

Edit: Actually nevermind I read the instructions wrong, if I blow the turbo I'll just replace it :P

2nd Edit: Now I know why I'm confused it shows in kg/cm^2 not BAR or PSI I just set low/high to 1.00 which = 14.504psi might turn that down a smidge ;s

Also that 4-5.xx it says mm** (Scratch on plastic so can't see the 2 letters/numbers next to mm)

pappu said:

use the boost gauge as a guide to the boost levels

turn the controller up/down to suit

usullay i do it that way

maybe make sure all the lines abd tight and there is no blockages before u start

lol what if you wound it up to much!?! shit bro im boosting fuckin 25psi - woops

Yeh I've got it set close I think something like 11-14psi (My maths is shoddy so it's a guestimate)

I need to take it for a blat on the motorway I tried flooring it to 60km and it only hit 8psi on the boost gauge

Question Re Link ECUs

Could I in theory, buy a Link G4 to run my auto stock, then if I were to do a manual conversion somehow change the Link settings to manual? rather than fiddling around trying to find a V3/4 or manual forester ECU and having to rewire stuff if I do go manual, This is just hypothetical tbh for some reason I just started thinking about it

Think it's fixed

I replaced the iginition leads with some Bosch High Performance blue ones, I pulled number 3 out to look and it had what looked like a very tiny hole on the side from the old plugs

Now she's running sweet, boosts around 10psi from 0-60 with foot down, Not sure if that's about the norm or not but it feels smoother :)