Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

gazzys another new ride lol - 1989 BF VZ N/A

gazzy2000

Hey,

SO the leone i brought didnt really suit my needs i.e. cudnt fit my v7 wheels or STI seats etc (all stuff off my stuffed BG single T).

SO i have to sell the leone turbo wagon, Tim Green on here may want it.. yet to confirm, so if there are any takers let me know. See the pics here http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,32736.0.html

paid $1050 for it will let it go for that, spent 2 solid days stripping and cleaning the interior.. VERY tidy now!

but i still wanted a N/A for fuel economy as we may be moveing into the country

so i found a 1989 BF legacy BF manual, only has 137Kms on it!

it will soon be sporting v7 shocks, STI seats and v7 STI wheels + will tint the windows etc etc

I dont have it quite in my posession yet.. but its coming ;D

We are borg said:

WOW that was a quick turn around :)

oh well i guess if you are heart set on running the v7 rims i guess it is a good way into a cheap run about..

yea, just the whole 5 stud thing really.. so you can run any rims.

What do BCs look better with, V7 STI 17" or the likes of 15" BBS, as i have both

ohh great, it has a blown head gasket LOL i have all the luck

It over heated on way back from chch, did thermostat and got radiator flushed first.. no dice

right so i will definitly fix this car, will get the heads reconditioned no worries..

how much are genuine BF head gaskets normally? (trade price)

should i get a full gasket/seal set like this? any good? http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/auction-523465470.htm

• 2 weeks later...

K engine is out...

Engine builder said the head gaskets were at the very begining of blowing and the heads are mint otherwise

have fitted:

- heads been planned + valves lapped

- new water pump

- new thermostat

- new idlers

- tensioner

- cam belt

- cam seals

- crank seal + oil pump serivce & O ring

- rear crank seal

- manifold gaskets

- radiator professionally flushed

- new coolant

- fresh oil and filter

hopefully in and going this weekend, pics soon

94 Leone said:

Dude you have the worst luck lately. How much did you score the bf for?

$1300, he wanted like 2k orginally, i talked him down to $1600 then another $300 off when the head G blew.

The car is/was very much worth fixing as its very low Kms (137,000) and it shows, the interior mint.

so it will owe me about 2.7K once all done, i look at like this.... if i cam across a car like that, with those Ks, in that condition, with all the reciepts and work done etc i would snap it up for around 3k no worries :)

plus i am soo looking forward to no oil changes every 5000 and being waay nicer on the fuel

still got the 2003 BP turb for a boost when ever