Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

brembo brakes on 96 GTB

Looking at doing this (actually part way through it while installing 6 speed) wondering about the front abs sensors can i use the GTB ones or do I need to change the pedal boxes or abs gear from version 7 sti ... tried a search found nothing

leave your gtb hubs on the car? oh wait.. depends what hubs you have. Some gtb is that era had smaller rotors.

However.. test fit the brembo rotor caliper on your gtb and it should bolt up. Thus you reuse your ABS rings and sensors of the GTB.

Else - you should use the GTB ABS stuff anyways. - the GDA/B hubs should accept your GTB ABS sensors fine.

funkytown said:

leave your gtb hubs on the car? oh wait.. depends what hubs you have. Some gtb is that era had smaller rotors.

However.. test fit the brembo rotor caliper on your gtb and it should bolt up. Thus you reuse your ABS rings and sensors of the GTB.

Else - you should use the GTB ABS stuff anyways. - the GDA/B hubs should accept your GTB ABS sensors fine.

I have the complete v7 sti hub with brembo\'s attached, these came with the 6 speed, I didn\'t think the brembo (fronts) would fit the GTB rotors (even though i have Subaru 4 pots and znoelli slotted rotor still thought the bolt pattern was different) why change it you might ask it was just to be constant throughout.. brembo all the way around

besides that need a way to get these working without the abs check light coming on and keeping it all legal :P so to speak

if you have subaru 4 pots on there. then a) the bolt pattern is the same and b) the brembos and THEIR rotors will also mount up.

Why the bolt pattern you say is different - cant be true. So my previous statement holds - leave your hubs on and put the rotors and calipers off the v7 on. thus your ABS rings and sensors wont need to change. And the light wont coem on as it will work properly.

You also dont end up altering suspension geometry through hub change.

funkytown said:

You also dont end up altering suspension geometry through hub change.

? Version 7 hubs/knuckles shouldnt have any different geometry? They are the same as the earlier subaru ones.

Or are you meaning he wouldnt have to alter his wheel alignment since he wont be removing his hubs?

both really.

But from my observations they are slightly thicker on the wheel face side of the hub. by a few mm or so.

*I base this not on stict measurements but mounting my old wheels on a GC and then a GD hub, GD hub i cleared brembos, on the gc hub i needed 3mm spacers to clear.

funkytown said:

both really.

But from my observations they are slightly thicker on the wheel face side of the hub. by a few mm or so.

*I base this not on stict measurements but mounting my old wheels on a GC and then a GD hub, GD hub i cleared brembos, on the gc hub i needed 3mm spacers to clear.

It can\'t be true as wheel bolts directly to disk and disk is centred in caliper on all combo so it would all be relatively the same.

98% ive finish putting the 6 speed into 96 GTB Full brembo set up, I just dont have the front ABS sensors hooked up. The front GTB ABS sensor pokes out some 5-8mm from the housing unit where as the v7 sti sensor were flush withing the housing (picture)

sensorv7stibelow96gtbab.jpg

Funky is probably right when saying to use the GTB hubs, I didnt go this way budget for it didnt stretch that far, as I feared machining disks etc etc lol... So plans to fabricate some sleeves to compensate for the gaps, which seem easy enough, will allow me to bolt the sensors in place. At the moment I have the ABS light on, no biggie

overall best mod I have ever done OH MY!!!!! 6 speed in a 96 GTB wagon is unbelievable drive, I just cant express how it feels you just need to do it to find out.. Next is single conversion.. after doing my partner BH5 TT to ST conversion.. if your thinking of doing 6 speed conversion, my advice is to get everything and just DO IT you will not regret it.

gotasuby said:

Just use the v7 sensors. They plug in. Same as bh5 sensors to.

Strange when Alex from highbrook auto tried the GTB sensors would sit inside the hub flush, mind you I am using the v7 Sti hubs not the gtb ones.. should have the collars made soon though.