Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stuck in VOD for 30sec +

Rosssub

did you buy this car from a guy in blenheim?

he had a zerosports sequential controller thingy in the car which got removed, wonder if theres something going on wiring related with that

real long shot but just a thought - saw your photo on the left and it came to mind

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brought it from Nelson through trademe, off a guy that is a Clubsub member.

Just tested waste gate again. With 10psi compressed air straight into actuator, it opens straight away and snaps shut. With pliers on the rod it feels smooth and doesn\'t bind at all with good spring resistance. When I release the rod I hear the spring go twang, over the sound of the gate slapping shut.

yeah thats the one... marlborough somewhere haha

might be worth just having a quick squizz at the wiring round the ecu... its a long shot but maybe somethings shorting out from where the controller got un-wired?

grasping at straws here, to me it still reeks of an electrical/solenoid related issue since everything has been tested mechanically fine

edit...

poked secondary would / could explain all of this as well, especially given like you said it still has the super slow spool up even when locked into parallel - in that config you can ignore all the solenoids etc and just think of it like any parallel tt (legnum/gtr etc) - i bought a vr4 with a siezed turbo once and it behaved very similar,

Just had a look round the ecu and there are a few dodgy looking wires rolled up under there cable tied out of sight. If his stereo/turbo timer/boost guage wirings anything to go by there\'s a good chance there might be a short somewhere, I\'ll look into it tomorrow. Is a zerosports controller spliced into ecu looms at all or just power feeds?

Can\'t find any possible shorts, tidied up a lot while under both sides. Clutch sensor switch has been bipassed, does this do anything other than stop car starting without foot on the clutch?

I can\'t find any evidence that a zerosports controller has been fitted/removed.

Only one wire has been spliced into the ECU loom which is connected to the turbo timer/monitor (Ultra model 4705) which has its own boost sensor fitted so the ecu splice is either rev\'s or speed wire

zerosports_seq_ecu_plugs_3.jpg

Edit: ecu pin 48 = speed sensor

Yeah when it should be free boosting (hose open) the primary peaks at 14psi then stabilises at 12psi. Secondary still rises slowly and vod is unchanged.

Should I inspect the waste gate internals? Maybe a huge crack in seat or cracked plate causing massive internal leak?

freeboost.jpg

Hose 22, from secondary relief valve \'assembly\' (pre valve) to differential pressure sensor. I pulled hose 22 off the relief valve assembly (plastic crossover pipey bit), fitted a short hose and put air through that. So I was feeding air straight into the secondary turbo compressor outlet, with the intake blocked and I could hear airflow into exhaust downpipe.

Seq_TT_zpsbaab4cb123.jpg

what that is basically doing is pressurising the secondary turbo outlet tract

im not sure where the air can go, but its not meant to escape anywhere

when you say you blocked the intake - at what point were you blocking it? turbo inlet or afm.

theres no physical air path from turbo compressor to either the downpipe or up-pipe/ecv

Inlet blocked at AFM, yeah should hold pressure. Only thing I can think is cracked secondary casing/housing or airflow through slogged shaft bearings. Maybe shagged Oring/seal at rear of inlet compressor housing?

After one of my free boost test runs the secondary was smoking/steaming from near downpipe, so possibly a crack opened up more when very hot leaking oil or water.

Either way I\'m going to get another VF27 so I can pull mine apart and see whats going on. Will load pics if I find anything interesting/amusing.