Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

SCAMMER ALERT!

Hey guy\'s, thought I would throw this up and let people know before it happens to someone else.

I\'ve just recently listed my car on Trade me for sale, Few days through the auction I received a text

from a overseas number asking me to get in contact with them via email. As I did they were saying

that they were very keen on buying my car but couldn\'t view it or test drive it as they said they were

overseas on work. From that time I thought everything was legit and all ready to go. They said that they

would pay for the car via PayPal. As today came I received a email from Trade me saying that there

was a scam going around as a certain member on Trade me had a account that was not legitimate.

They also said everything I listed above about the random overseas text. From there I knew this was

a scam and straight away blocked them from them going any further. So if your thinking of selling your

car online please be extra careful. Thanks.

B-MAGIC said:

Yup.

usually they are not after your car bro they just want you to send them money so they can send you money or they try trick you to send money to them saying that they need blah blah... this amount of dollars to access the rest of it. Its funny to me because I always youse to get them and i use to email back abuse or something and they never have contacted ever again

Keep her for a little while bro your car is awesome man. Nice and spacious and comfortable for your kid plus it goes well to. all the things you want from a car

haha yeah bro now I know. yeah its a great car just seeing this other one on trade me made me want

that one so bad haha oh well will see what happens. How\'s your cousin and the Galant?

yeah its always along the lines of "paypal fees will be 700 but i have to pay it at the bank but im on an oil rig so can you send the 700 and ill pay you the car price and the 700"

change the excuse and the ammount etc and they wil try anything . they are a bit game doing it through paypal . as i woulda thought paypal can sort that shit out ..

the real amatures try get you to do it through western union etc .

the golden rule is dont send money to anyone you dont know . woulda thought it was a no brainer but ohwell

Zeus said:

I got the same scam about 4yrs back, always sounds too good to be true. Especially when they offer more than you\'re asking

Yep. Thats about when these idiots started their scam. :)>:( Gets other idiots everytime. They use scatter tactics. Everyone gets an invite. Law of averages prevails and suckers get their accounts drained. So the scam pays off! >:(

Cant understand why myself. ::) ::) ::);)

Zeus said:

I don\'t know why anyone would part with money when they are the ones SELLING the item

Have been told that they get your account number details 8) then they "find" your access password or PIN :o somehow.

From there its plug out and your bath gets drained. Quickly too! ??? Clever?? oOOOH Yes they are unfortunatly >:( >:(

• Admin

The usual methodology is that they say "oh I have a corporate/parents/blahblah cheque for $10k to pay for it, I\'ll deposit that into your account, then can you moneygram/paypal/western union the money back to me?"

Then lo and behold 10k appears in your account, you pull out say $4k and Western Union it off to Nigeria, then the bank discovers the original deposit into your account was fraudulent or used a fake cheque so they reverse it, leaving you $4k out of pocket.