Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

MY95 missing?

Hey guys,

My bloody car has starting missing at cruise speed, its fine under full throttle or load, but at part throttle/low engine speed it stumbles. Its worse when the ambient tempature is cold, and it appears to get worse as it gets colder. I threw a new set of plugs in it today, which only improved it slightly.

I did notice when doing the plugs the AFM is pretty gunked up with oil, would that do it? Or do these things have an air temp sensor some other place?

If its a slight hesistation that goes away as soon as you give it a bit more throttle, it is possibly the 02 sensor. The ECU only uses the 02 when cruising for better economy and if you are accelerating, the ECU ignores it.

Oh yeah, could check that out...though I should add, that as the temperature gets colder, the missing will get to a point where the car will be bucking quite badly until you accelerate.

Just did a bit more testing, its definately only down low. Cruising at 100k is sweet as, but around 2000rpm it misses. AFM maybe?

I'm having pretty much exactly the same problem with mine... Good luck figuring it out! Mine has been doing it for about 5 months now! It all started just after I had my timing belt replaced (which skipped 2 teeth - due to previous owner replacing belt only without water pump and tensioner!) so I thought it was timing, had that checked and perfect. We then thought it may have nicked a valve, so did a cylinder leakage test (perfect) then did a compression test and compression was slightly low, buy even on all cylinders! Since then, I've changed my O2 Sensor, IDC, TPS, Crank and Cam angle sensors, coilpack, tried a new AFM and changed the plugs = still the same! My car is currently at my mechanic (should be getting it back tomo...) so I will let you know if its sorted....

Good luck with yours, hope you figure the problem out before you go down the same route as me! ;)

Nasty! Fingers crossed its not the AFM in mine. I did read on Rexnet another guy having the same issue, replaced the leads after pretty much doing everything else and fixed it. Not entirely keen to replace all 4 coilpacks!

Damn modern cars, why can't they just all use carbs??!?

justlooking said:

Nasty! Fingers crossed its not the AFM in mine. I did read on Rexnet another guy having the same issue, replaced the leads after pretty much doing everything else and fixed it. Not entirely keen to replace all 4 coilpacks!

Damn modern cars, why can't they just all use carbs??!?

and u wonder why I have reverted back to old skool subbies :)

scooby-wrx said:

I'm having pretty much exactly the same problem with mine... Good luck figuring it out! Mine has been doing it for about 5 months now! It all started just after I had my timing belt replaced (which skipped 2 teeth - due to previous owner replacing belt only without water pump and tensioner!) so I thought it was timing, had that checked and perfect. We then thought it may have nicked a valve, so did a cylinder leakage test (perfect) then did a compression test and compression was slightly low, buy even on all cylinders! Since then, I've changed my O2 Sensor, IDC, TPS, Crank and Cam angle sensors, coilpack, tried a new AFM and changed the plugs = still the same! My car is currently at my mechanic (should be getting it back tomo...) so I will let you know if its sorted....

Good luck with yours, hope you figure the problem out before you go down the same route as me! ;)

Ah the good ol replace everything method !

How did you get on at your Mechanic's?

:D Yeah, desperate to sort this out now...! :D Just got back from my mechanic and he said he's sorted the miss out, but the main reason my car is back at the workshop is because I had my gearbox re-built (because it started jumping out of 4th). Replaced everything (other than gears & shafts as they were good condition) and from day one after having the work done it continued jumping out of 4th!

The mechanic gave me a year warranty, so he's covering all costs! ;D Pretty frustrating hey! I will see if the miss is really fixed "this time" as he always tells me its running perfectly! May be a sign to change mechanics hey...... :-X

Guest boostcut

hey but it hasnt broken down again!!!! never misses a beat. i hope you get it sorted.... they havent got you driving that bc legacy again have they?