Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

The Best VF single scroll turbo?

tydon

ive done some reading up on the vf series turbos single scroll. and from what ive read the vf22 is the best for overall power? but will expierence more lag as opposed to the vf30/34/35 turbos

which in your guys opinons is the better turbo overall?

im currently running a vf35 and it has awesome fast spool and comes on boost quite early but doesnt really make that overall power at the mid section and top end.

???

If u have the cash then get a vf34. Full stop.

Other than that a vf30/22 is a close runner up and easier to buy

With the right tune both of these will be fine

Did I say with the right tune cos that is the important bit

This is only tru for single scroll turbo

If u wanted twin scroll then something like a vf36 wud be the go to turbo

Why waste time pissing with turbos when a tune is really what you need? Panodol wont fix a broken leg... No turbo is brilliant without a tune its the diff between fast and f*ckin fast.

TS setups w/turbo can be had for 1-1.5k cheaper obviously right time/place.

evowrx said:

Why waste time pissing with turbos when a tune is really what you need? Panodol wont fix a broken leg... No turbo is brilliant without a tune its the diff between fast and f*ckin fast.

TS setups w/turbo can be had for 1-1.5k cheaper obviously right time/place.

true but what im saying is out of the vf turbos untuned or tuned what would better to use.

as i know the vf35 runs out of steam in the mid to top end

What boost control?

Im running VF22 which is meant to be sooo laggy. VF22 and 23 came on stronger and quicker than TD04 untuned and VF22 tuned makes [email protected]. I wouldnt hesitate to run a VF22 again and most other people that run them say the same thing. Its mostly people that havent run them that say they are shite.

Few things that Ive noticed that made a noticeable difference in response/power were 3" TB exhaust, stock size up pipe without flexi and 250T EL headers. All made the car feel faster.

evowrx said:

Stock boost control probably isnt the best. Try a relief valve and see what you think. People that have used them say they are mint and help hold boost up top. Def $300odd cheaper than a GFB EBC.

can you recomend a relief valve?

and with the 250t headers how do you get them to work as they dont have a upipe for turbo?

Markys the man to ask he did a how to thread on here somewhere on it.

I wouldnt recommend the 250T headers. The idea is good they are short and small ID and made an impressive difference especially down low where EL headers normally suck and still better in mid/top end but theyre weak and crack. The up pipe bolts to them like normal turbo headers.

evowrx said:

Markys the man to ask he did a how to thread on here somewhere on it.

I wouldnt recommend the 250T headers. The idea is good they are short and small ID and made an impressive difference especially down low where EL headers normally suck and still better in mid/top end but theyre weak and crack. The up pipe bolts to them like normal turbo headers.

is it as simple as bolting 205t headers upto block and bolting the upipe to the headers lol? sorry noob question looking at doing it when i flip compressor housing and put new gaskets in all round