Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

HKS SSQV anyone have one of these?

tydon

i just got my brand new HKS SSQV genuine black limited edition. Put it on the car today and took for a test drive the BOV Didnt go off till it hit full boost.. which is 16psi. i tryed windind the nut in and out at the end neither of which made a diffrence does anyone know why ?

yeah i did do a search on the net on how tell if your HKS SSQV is Fake or not either the fakes have gotten alot better or i do have a genuine one either way ive sorted out the issue they come with a little filter and in the instructions it says to put them in i took the one i got with it out and now its going off much earlyer have adjusted it a little more so now it goes off at about 8ish psi

Absolutely a fake, no way in hell It\'s genuine new for 80 bucks.Also are Hks still making new the sqv2 pretty certain they wouldn\'t considering the latest is sqv4.

"Real ones have r on the badge" what a load of crap. The fake ones do too I\'ve seen it, it\'s not exactly hard to fake a small letter r is it. Genuine go for 400 bucks or around there common sence dictates its a fake.

If your happy that\'s fine, I just hate the fact the guy is selling them as genuine on trade me when I highly doubt they are.

By the way the link you put up is for what you should look for, for a sqv3 and not the one you bought! which is a sqv2 according to the other auction he is selling in the questions section.

ballsrburning said:

If your happy that\'s fine, I just hate the fact the guy is selling them as genuine on trade me when I highly doubt they are.

By the way the link you put up is for what you should look for, for a sqv3 and not the one you bought! which is a sqv2 according to the other auction he is selling in the questions section.

yeah i know what ya mean shouldnt have the listed has genuine if theyre not false advertising right there.

evljat said:

Mine would work even before I hit 0 psi. Mine isn\'t adjustable though.

Are you sure its genuine? Some of the fakes look convincing.

That would be more an unresponsive boost gauge from hoses too long etc taking a few seconds to register slight boost. But I have the same old style HKS, not adjustable. Goes off loud with even the slightest boost, then sounds like a compressor plug popping out at full boost. If I take my foot of the gas slowly while changing gear I can make it hiss for about 3 seconds.

Tydon try taking the restrictor pill out of your BOV line if there\'s one in there, made a huge difference to how much my valve went off.

I\'ve gone back to recirculating OEM, all venting to atmosphere does with MAF is cause over fuelling every time the valve goes off which will foul plugs, cause hesitation and slow spooling when you come back on the gas, anyone running cats will ruin them with carbon/soot build up which will eventually block the cat. Given long enough it could even clog up around the waste gate and ECV valves causing them to not seat/seal properly and leak?

This is the back of a VF27 run rich, you can see all the build up round the sides. The carbon flakes are 1.5-2mm thick. Should be a pretty clean burnt orange like a healthy spark plug. I\'ve got a diesel CT20 turbo with 340000kms that\'s cleaner.

fzHi6C7.jpg

Rosssub']

[quote name='evljat said:

Mine would work even before I hit 0 psi. Mine isn\'t adjustable though.

Are you sure its genuine? Some of the fakes look convincing.

/quote]

That would be more an unresponsive boost gauge from hoses too long etc taking a few seconds to register slight boost. But I have the same old style HKS, not adjustable. Goes off loud with even the slightest boost, then sounds like a compressor plug popping out at full boost. If I take my foot of the gas slowly while changing gear I can make it hiss for about 3 seconds.

Tydon try taking the restrictor pill out of your BOV line if there\'s one in there, made a huge difference to how much my valve went off.

I\'ve gone back to recirculating OEM, all venting to atmosphere does with MAF is cause over fuelling every time the valve goes off which will foul plugs, cause hesitation and slow spooling when you come back on the gas, anyone running cats will ruin them with carbon/soot build up which will eventually block the cat. Given long enough it could even clog up around the waste gate and ECV valves causing them to not seat/seal properly and leak?

Hmm mine goes after anything over 0psi not before i was reading the gauge wrong and now the BOV goes off pretty much all the time the higher the boost the louder the sound. at low boost sometimes it just flutters a little and u hear a little whistle.