Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

WTD, Pictures of v1/2 ej20 engine

DXROLLA

So i have my engine back in and all plumbed/wired up, but it just wont fire. I have done a bit of research on the net and im sure i have the injectors/coils around the right way but i would like some pictures just to confirm. It turns over but wont fire, its getting fuel as i have taken the plugs back out and cleaned them due to being covered in fuel, so the only thing i could think is the coils?

Any other ideas out there?

Turns over sweet, doesnt even try and fire.

Ive read on the net some people get the cam sensor and crank sensor around the wrong way? Could this be possible? I didnt put them in my engine builder did, any way of checking them?

evowrx said:

If there is an issue with that sensor you wont get any fuel. Check spark.

Where does the ecu get its signal to spark?

Also i have replaced the idle control plug due to the other one breaking, if for some reason i have the wires around the wrong way would this effect it starting?

Also o2 sensore looks like it has taken a knock when installing the engine ::) Again could this cause an issue?

evowrx said:

Pull a coilpack out with a plug in it. Earth to the mani so it can spark and get someone to turn the key so you can watch it.

Will check tonight.

Next thing i have removed the A/C, this shouldnt cause any issues would it?

More often than not starting issues a re simple problems, so check the basics before you look into looms potentially being in the wrong way etc.

Is the check engine light on? If the ECU is preventing the car from starting, it will most likely be on.

Coils plug in on harness with black connectors for rear cylinders and grey connectors for front, injectors plugs are also colour coded in the same way

Check the spark plugs are in good condition.

It also sounds as if you have had some work done to the car recently, it will pay to back track over what was done and rule out things being put together differently. For example if you have had an auto to manual transmission conversion, the wiring side of things may not have been done properly.

All been put back to how it was apart from no air con.

Pulled a coil off and checked with an old spark plug and it seems to be getting spark ???

Now where? Timing?

Timing im sure i have right, i even took photos of timing marks when i put it togeather, only thing im not sure about is the crank trigger thing behind the crank pully in the above photo, can that be put on the wrong way or is it attached? Again engine builder put that on.

nismovzr2003 said:

Looking at the picture, it looks like the timing mark on the belt is lined up with the wrong mark on the crank sprocket? There should be a small mark edged into one of the rear timing teeth on the crank sprocket?

Exactly the problem ::) Took the covers off and yep clear as mud, seriously F$%k off with myself >:( Live and learn i guess, just hope i havnt done any damage

• 2 years later...
 DXROLLA said:
Looking over the pictures of my build i noticed this photo, shows the crank sensor with a bit of damage. Do you think this would be enough to cause a problem?

2013-12-31%2018.22.31_zpsqrxfxi0c.jpg

out of curiosity is this the ej20 jdm or usdm block, pm me whenever you get the chance to