Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

3.0R owners - exhaust mods

BadLuck

a mate of mine changed the downpipe on his and it sounds bloody awful with factory exhaust from the bottom of downpipe back, tinny as hell. He did have a aftermarket exhaust on it, 3 inch and was better but too loud for him.

ballsrburning said:

a mate of mine changed the downpipe on his and it sounds bloody awful with factory exhaust from the bottom of downpipe back, tinny as hell. He did have a aftermarket exhaust on it, 3 inch and was better but too loud for him.

was that on a turbo? Or 3.0r?

actually thinking about it, this is on a 2.5 turbo not 3.0r so not really applicable. Still I wouldn\'t do the mod if you do own the same car, I hate the sound of it.

BadLuck']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Find a pair of genome exhaust tips for it sam.

/quote]

Not too keen on the tips they look a bit rude to me. Was thinking like de baffled mufflers and take out a couple silencers or something. It sounds nice just too quiet

maybe start with a cat delete?

jesus said:

12inch glasspack under each head into a 18inch louvrecore into a trust rice cannon makes this noise;

Same as above but with an extra 18inch glasspack and an extra helmholtz resonator gives you this noise;

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRi3V1HlUQ8&t=0m25s

What was it like driving at lower rpm like once you\'re cruising. Does it drone?

The first one was pretty loud, 2nd option is much quieter and pleasant. I run about 3200rpm for 100 tho so thats kinda outside the drone range.

The lesson i learned is that without catalytic converters or multi-pass mufflers, you need a lot of straight through resonators to get the volume down.

Not mine, but know him.

Raptor headers, 3rd cat delete, two 100 cel cats to replace the stock, X-Force mid pipe and Ganador (s/steel) mufflers.

He said it\'s abit too raspy, not much drone.

FWIW, I put an X-Force cat back system on the wifes 08 3.0 R B with 5EAT - was waaay to loud and droned. Put the stock mid pipe back in and left the X-Force mufflers on, is good now.

Car has been Kido tuned aswell and it does that VW DSG \'pop\' on gear changes now.

Will make mostly bother all difference i reckon, a bit more zazz but not much more bark.

Much better value for money playing with the rear muffler and youre not cutting out an expensive environment saving lump of palladium. Plus by making swappable sections from the diff back, if you dont like the result - you can swap the original back on and sell your creation to gullible people on trademe to recoup some of the cost.

bobbyjimmy said:

FWIW, I put an X-Force cat back system on the wifes 08 3.0 R B with 5EAT - was waaay to loud and droned. Put the stock mid pipe back in and left the X-Force mufflers on, is good now.

Car has been Kido tuned aswell and it does that VW DSG \'pop\' on gear changes now.

I see that tune is pretty popular on the Aus forums, what sort of difference did you notice?

calibre said:

I see that tune is pretty popular on the Aus forums, what sort of difference did you notice?

Night and day.

\'i\' is actually semi-usable, only use it on highways thou.

\'S\' is good enough to hop in and drive with enough power to easily overtake without having to go down a gear or 2.

\'#S\' is awesome, almost instant throttle and wants to get driven, put it on manual mode (paddle shift) and can get better fuel economy than in \'S\' and auto too.

Fuel is sitting at 11.2 per 100 - city, bit of highway, normal driving and \'spirited\' driving.

bobbyjimmy said:

Fuel is sitting at 11.2 per 100 - city, bit of highway, normal driving and \'spirited\' driving.

Thats really not that great. Im barely breaking 10.8s on mixed driving with a short ratio manual box AND my car is heavier and older. 3300rpm for 100kph sucks down the juice and im still beating you. Anyone got a dyno plot? Im curious to see what you get for your money.

bobbyjimmy']

[quote name='jesus said:

Thats really not that great.

/quote]

I didn\'t say it was.

If I wanted better, I would of bought a Nissan Leaf. Then killed myself.

Hahahahahaha

jesus']

[quote name='bobbyjimmy said:

/quote]

Thats really not that great. Im barely breaking 10.8s on mixed driving with a short ratio manual box AND my car is heavier and older. 3300rpm for 100kph sucks down the juice and im still beating you. Anyone got a dyno plot? Im curious to see what you get for your money.

Finding my 05 3.0r wagon auto brilliant on the fuel av 9.6-10lt thats mostly cruising 110kph

• 1 month later...