Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

97 forester stb problem

JND

My OEM plastic Elbow was an "F Junction". One outlet went to Intake and one outlet went to PCV Valve at TB.

If you have this set up you can Block your PCV Valve completely. It\'s not needed and is only there for emission purposes.

Leaving just the Block Breather going straight to your Intake.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosssub said:

My OEM plastic Elbow was an "F Junction". One outlet went to Intake and one outlet went to PCV Valve at TB.

If you have this set up you can Block your PCV Valve completely. It\'s not needed and is only there for emission purposes.

Leaving just the Block Breather going straight to your Intake.

Thats exactly what mine is. Would I bung up that extra hole or find a fitting that goes straight up to intake?

Would an oil catch can be another solution?

JND said:

Sweet. Do I just run both catch can hoses to that plastic piece? Any idea of the size of the hole?

evowrx could give you the Bung Size and Thread Size, as he said has a few PCV Valves lying around.

No, you want to feed the Crank Gasses through the Catch Can. The Catch Can will draw the Moisture and Crud out of the Gasses. Then Clean Air goes back into your Intake.

So you need the Block Breather to run into a Catch Can, then from the Catch Can back to you Intake.

Was chasing down a fucktard BMW driver who nearly wrote off my wagon pulling across in front of me so didnt pop in on way past tonight. Start at 8 dude flick me a text whenever I should be around depending on what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys bit of an update.

Found out it was my bov leaking because we put my cousins on and it ran sweet.

Found the oil leak as well. My block is a v7 with the two crankcase breathers one went to the intake and also to the pcv valve. The middle breather however, was poorly bunged up and pissing out oil. We have since bunged it up properly and installed a catch can, the catch can is teed into the valve covers (valve covers?? Rocker covers?? Whatever they are..) and then vta through a breather that\'s on it.

Question: can I leave that middle breather bunged? Or perhaps tee it to the catch can as well?? Or what\'s the best option?

Also.. the car stalls after starting now.. would that be bov related?

JND said:

Alright guys bit of an update.

Found out it was my bov leaking because we put my cousins on and it ran sweet.

Found the oil leak as well. My block is a v7 with the two crankcase breathers one went to the intake and also to the pcv valve. The middle breather however, was poorly bunged up and pissing out oil. We have since bunged it up properly and installed a catch can, the catch can is teed into the valve covers (valve covers?? Rocker covers?? Whatever they are..) and then vta through a breather that\'s on it.

Question: can I leave that middle breather bunged? Or perhaps tee it to the catch can as well?? Or what\'s the best option?

Also.. the car stalls after starting now.. would that be bov related?

If you have:

- The Breathers going to a Catch Can.

- The Catch Can Venting.

- The Catch Can back to Intake,

Then your Intake is Venting straight out the Catch Can?

Might need a Check Valve, (like the brake booster vac line).

Edit: Also be carefull with Flow Restriction, if T\'ing the Head Breathers and the Block Breathers together into the Catch Can. I did this with 12mm hoses, over restricted the PCV System. Then Boosted/Pumped 4 Litres of Oil out my Dip Stick Hole. ;D

No only the heads are going to catch can. ATM the only thing going into the intake is one of the crank breathers (the one that goes to pcv valve as well) however the pcv line is bunged as well. What would be a good size to prevent flow restriction 17mm or so?

JND said:

No only the heads are going to catch can. ATM the only thing going into the intake is one of the crank breathers (the one that goes to pcv valve as well) however the pcv line is bunged as well. What would be a good size to prevent flow restriction 17mm or so?

Sweet, if you\'ve only got the Heads to the Can then only 12mm should be fine. I only ran into trouble because I T\'d the Block and Heads together into 12mm.

There must be a big Air Leak somewhere for it to be Stalling. Are all Un-Used Ports blocked off completely?

JND said:

I do remember a vaccum line next to the bov one that went to a plastic piece somewhere under the tps.. I snapped the plastic piece on accident would that be it?

Yes, if it\'s leaking. Vac Leak, messes with AFM/Fuel Mix etc.

If you mean you broke the little Plastic Nipple on your Inline BOV?

There are 2 on trademe for $20 each. 1 Orange 1 Blue.

Edit: ;)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/auction-710851415.htm

298880693.jpgRelief_Valve_Vac_Test_002.jpg

And don\'t worry, I\'ve broken one too. ;D