Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Winger

Rosssub']

[quote name='bnneie said:

Does anybody know if Winger do car pick-ups for servicing work?

/quote]

They should. Is that for a new Clutch Ben?

Sigh. Unfortunately mate. Pain in the rear when I\'m on my way back to Auckland with a mate and car is in Cambridge.

Also, after a little bit of research is not looking like a cheap job. Anyone with 2c in regards to labour/parts work?

legacy666 said:

Winger here in hams quoted me $900, needless to say I shopped around and found something cheaper

Where did you end up heading to? PM me.

Will be getting the car from Cambridge to Hamilton somehow while in Auckland to get the work done. This is going to be an interesting week.

bnneie']

[quote name='legacy666 said:

Winger here in hams quoted me $900, needless to say I shopped around and found something cheaper

/quote]

Will be getting the car from Cambridge to Hamilton somehow while in Auckland to get the work done. This is going to be an interesting week.

Ouch, transporting it that far wont be cheap at all, especially with Ferry. Then Clutch costs on top. $2500 ish plus?

Why not get it fixed in CHCH, then fly down when you can and drive it home? Could save $1000 plus?

Rosssub']

/quote]

Ouch, transporting it that far wont be cheap at all, especially with Ferry. Then Clutch costs on top. $2500 ish plus?

Why not get it fixed in CHCH, then fly down when you can and drive it home? Could save $1000 plus?

I\'m talking Cambridge as in Waikato (45mins from Hamilton). Thankfully.

legacy666 said:

What was the cheaper option? Which Clutch Kit? Assuming Winger would be using all OEM bits?

I was thinking $900 wasn\'t that bad for OEM parts.

Considering I\'ve been quoted over $600 for an Exceedy HD Kit, or about $560 for a Clutch Pro from BNT.

Rosssub']

/quote]

What was the cheaper option? Which Clutch Kit? Assuming Winger would be using all OEM bits?

I was thinking $900 wasn\'t that bad for OEM parts.

Considering I\'ve been quoted over $600 for an Exceedy HD Kit, or about $560 for a Clutch Pro from BNT.

I just need to work out the best combo. OEM/Aftermarket, Dealer or elsewhere etc. Don\'t know Hamilton to save my life.

legacy666 said:

Exedy HD clutch kit fitted for $730ish if I recall correctly. I\'ll have a nosey for the receipt.

That would be amazing if you could, cheers mate!

I\'m starting to the think the OEM one could be the way to go - I\'ll be putting a new ECU in it but apart from that it\'s not pushing much more than stock really and don\'t have any plans to uprate everything else so not too sure whether going HD is the way to go.

Will speak to Winger tomorrow and see what we can come up with - I\'ve read that the stock clutch plate is an exedy one anyway?

kwi_fozze said:

My clutch, using genuine bits, cost me 730 for clutch and flywheel machining, plus another 500 for fitting. Guy i went to couldnt get the clutch any cheeper than I got it for

Thats a 6sp clutch or for the foz?

kwi_fozze']

My clutch, using genuine bits, cost me 730 for clutch and flywheel machining, plus another 500 for fitting. Guy i went to couldnt get the clutch any cheeper than I got it for

If your not looking to upgrade I\'ve heard the twin turbo clutch kit is a slight improvement over standard for the same cost.

Keep in mind guys I am referring to a BG5 Wagon here haha

I\'ve just spoken to Winger who are going to pick up the vehicle for me and because it seems an OEM clutch is a good choice, might be the way I end up going.

Main thing for me right now is getting it picked up from Cambridge and getting it to Hamilton.

kwi_fozze said:

6 speed lol.

Oem is good for up to 20% extra power iirc. Nice to use too.

How badly buggered is the clutch?

Clutch is f***ed. Will hold but can hardly pull up an average incline in second. Has been a bit edgy for a week or three now and a couple of clutch kicks in the weekend seemed to top it off - Great. Might not have been done in the past by previous owner, but will check my service history when I get home to confirm.

My wagon\'s fairly stock currently, and have no big plans for it. I\'ll be putting in a Mine\'s ECU shortly but apart from that it\'s going to stay fairly as is - Hence the lean towards OEM. Honestly don\'t think I need to go down the path of HD etc, it\'s just not needed. As I said in an earlier post, as far as I\'m aware the stock clutch plate is exedy anyway?

Usually if something dies I see it as an opportunity to put something better in, but I don\'t think in this situation that is the case. Not looking forward to the bill for picking my car up + parts + 4/5 hours labour.

Ouch.

Just got a call from Winger - Brand new clutch kit $600, fitted am looking at around $1200 incl. due to 6 hours labour. Seems like a little bit longer than I was expecting? Thought on average it was a 4 hour job. This does include skimming etc though.

• Admin

If your car is sitting on a hoist with half the driveline missing it\'s still costing them money. That\'s why they bill so many hours.

Talk to Brendon at Pro Wholesale, see what he can do a clutch for. His price was very decent when I got a new clutch for my V7.

Also consider getting a used flywheel and having that skimmed so they can just swap it out on the spot rather than pulling yours off and taking it away for machining.

Last but not least, it comes very recommended to do the crank rear main seal while you\'re in there, and it wouldn\'t be a terrible idea to look at replacing the kidney plate if it\'s oozing at all as the seal goes hard on it.