Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Ej20 interchangeable?

Hi. I\'m looking to buy a new engine for a WRX and It\'s turning out to be really hard to find one. My car year is 1996 version 2 wrx non sti and Im wondering if a v3/4 or v5/6 engine will still be a perfect fit because they seem more abundant, or am I restricted to finding only another version 2 one? I\'ll be getting a professional to do the work. My other option would be to get the one I have rebuilt but im totally unsure of the price on that but there is a service on trade me charging 3k for a "semi forged" rebuild. anyone got the info I need or some advice? engine has heavy knoc.

Ok after much more research and having my friend inspect it I am positive it is a stock version 2 1996 "JDM spec WRX".

And this ra engine your selling, Im not located in the north island so i cant have you install it but what do you reckon I would pay a mechanic to have them install + wire this into my car for? like would they have to change the engine loom over or anything? and can you guarantee it is not about to fall apart? haha I don\'t want to offend you or anything its just I\'ve seen people spend so much money trying to get something done I just don\'t want to make that mistake :)

Pantheon said:

Ok after much more research and having my friend inspect it I am positive it is a stock version 2 1996 "JDM spec WRX".

And this ra engine your selling, Im not located in the north island so i cant have you install it but what do you reckon I would pay a mechanic to have them install + wire this into my car for? like would they have to change the engine loom over or anything? and can you guarantee it is not about to fall apart? haha I don\'t want to offend you or anything its just I\'ve seen people spend so much money trying to get something done I just don\'t want to make that mistake :)

i cant say what you would pay to have it fitted, all depends what the person charges etc. AFAIK it will bolt into any v1/2 the engine loom should plug into your car and the ecu once again will plug straight in. so should be easy as.

also no guarantee it wont fall apart, it is the old engine from my car i replaced it with a forged engine and it was a good runner beforehand. i would like to think it will hang together but i cant guarantee it. Basically i would use it if i had a car to put it in.

if youre genuinely interested pm me and we can go through the finer points.