Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ClubSUB Air Mail

Is there anyone flying over to the states in the next couple months that can do me a favor?

I recently sent a smoked garnish from a BG to the states, and it piggy backed on jake_the_muss' checked baggage. Thing is, UPS in the states thought it a great idea to abuse my box, and it arrived at it's final destination in pieces... Unfortunately i can't refund the guy, and we'd both prefer to try send replacements... Only problem is, i need someone to ferry the 140cm long box over to anywhere in the states, then post it off to utah once there. The reason we have to do it this way, is because shipping companies either won't ship anything over a meter, or charge like 300-500$ to ship it, which is absurd.

So yeah, anyone keen to help?

i'll be heading over again in december, if you are going to be waiting that long. if i know of anyone going back before that, will let you know.

Old Skool Subbie said:

I had heard UPS is always loosing stuff or ends up getting very damaged

i doubt they lose too many things, they have a very systematic and thorough tracking system for every package they receive. damage, well, that happens with every company. sometimes a package gets stuck on the conveyor belt, or a heavier package (4 tires strapped together, yes i'm serious) lands on it coming down the belt etc. other times it is due to the package handlers. I don't know if any shipping companies in NZ would have the same kind of facilities as UPS or Fed-Ex in the states... similar to baggage at an airport I would assume.

I worked for UPS in the states during the busy period between thanksgiving (third thursday in november) and christmas 3 years in a row, loading trucks and delivering packages. no matter who you are shipping with, proper packaging is a good idea.

jake_the_muss']

[quote name='Old Skool Subbie said:

I had heard UPS is always loosing stuff or ends up getting very damaged

/quote]

i doubt they lose too many things, they have a very systematic and thorough tracking system for every package they receive. damage, well, that happens with every company. sometimes a package gets stuck on the conveyor belt, or a heavier package (4 tires strapped together, yes i'm serious) lands on it coming down the belt etc. other times it is due to the package handlers. I don't know if any shipping companies in NZ would have the same kind of facilities as UPS or Fed-Ex in the states... similar to baggage at an airport I would assume.

I worked for UPS in the states during the busy period between thanksgiving (third thursday in november) and christmas 3 years in a row, loading trucks and delivering packages. no matter who you are shipping with, proper packaging is a good idea.

+1 (although I never worked for UPS) But stuff breaks

Packs its wells yous bes happys....

ive just started at the new courier post in auckland... new state of the art facility, i do operations and maintenance, staff can be a issue, some people can be very ruff with items, also, small items love getting destroyd in convyours, but again, if correctly put on the convayor (right procedure) than it shouldnt get damaged.

ive found stuff that will never make it to were it was spose to go... no remains of the packing, no slip or barcodes... so they just get put in a box, incase someone happens to hunt it down.

-smurff

Oooh, the bargain bin! Much interesting stuff there? :P

Reminds me of my days at Air New Zealand. I once had a suitcase on the conveyor that was vibrating. I checked to see if it was hot (it was) so i took it off, and called up the supervisor. (not allowed to open bags ourselves.) They got the owner down there to open it up and turn said vibrating item off. It was a very embarrased, and very hot girl that showed up :D

I had another one a few weeks later... it was only a shaver :(

Guest boostin

Man you wanna see some of the stuff we find in custy's cars when doing a service. People don't think we look through cars, but when you're trying to find the mag lock nut key you find some crazy shit.