Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

How to drift B4 Legacy? Understeer?? Handling??

Guest Eastwolf

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boostin
 dubbedup said:

really at 2500 rpm.... i don't even have any boost to use till 3500 plus... and even then i doubt it gunna drift unitl about 5500rpm, or are you talking about sitting at a intersection then pulling out and giving the clutch a wee kick ? or in the wet?

I didn't have boost to use full stop!!

Yep just pull out of an intersection, kick the clutch part way out of it and hang on!!

Guest keltik

Mechanical sympathy is the enemy of drifting/dicking around. Youve gotta be willing to break the car to have any fun. So far ive;

* Snapped both engine mounts and pitch bar

* Snapped a clicky CV

* Bent a couple of steering arms

* Bent a front wishbone

* Buckled a rear wheel

* Damaged a roundabout

All from being a tool and not really knowing what i was doing. I still dont, but now im smart enough to not try unless theres a LOT of room and a safe run-off

keltik said:

Mechanical sympathy is the enemy of drifting/dicking around. Youve gotta be willing to break the car to have any fun. So far ive;

* Snapped both engine mounts and pitch bar

* Snapped a clicky CV

* Bent a couple of steering arms

* Bent a front wishbone

* Buckled a rear wheel

* Damaged a roundabout

All from being a tool and not really knowing what i was doing. I still dont, but now im smart enough to not try unless theres a LOT of room and a safe run-off

I like your list...and i have also damaged multiple subies by having "fun" usually on gravel

Guest Eastwolf

Oh my~!

Keltic - were they from separate occasions or the same incident?!

agree with: "not try unless theres a LOT of room and a safe run-off"

must of missed this thread, never had any problems getting my wrx wagon sideways, even when it was 4wd and standard (12psi), no need to kick clutch thats brutal on a standard clutch and driveline lol.

like was said before its has alot to do with weight shift.

now that its RWD and getting more modified, well, im sure you can imagine what thats like. ;D

Guest boostin
 JoKer said:

LOL easier turning right

more of a psychological thing - feel safer with more car to protect you from tree's/poles etc

Haha yeah. Ask your passenger which way they prefer!!

keltik said:

Mine really does drift easier to the right. All the left tires are buggered from Manfeild.

Still probably pyscological as less tread means more contact area, therefore more grip :P

(Unless its wet, like your .......)

Guest keltik
 Koom said:

Should do the mad uncontrollable skidz au.

...into a powerpole.

And nope its only wet when clunts around

i was under the impression at least with my model (94 rs legacy) that manual power split was 50/50 and auto was 65/35 Rwd/Fwd. And yes my driving experience did seem to confirm this as my car stepped out way more when it was auto and was easier to control sideways too compared to how it is now that its converted to manual.

Guest boostin

Any auto pre 98 was 95F/5R split on normal driving, to a max of 50/50. They physically can't run any more to the rear wheels. Technically they're a FWD box with a clutch pack added to the rear of the trans for the 4wd.

Guest loren
 boostin said:

Any auto pre 98 was 5F/95R split on normal driving, to a max of 50/50. They physically can't run any more to the rear wheels. Technically they're a FWD box with a clutch pack added to the rear of the trans for the 4wd.

I assume you mean 95F/5R?