Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V3 & V4 coil pack info please....

Guest boostin

Guest boostin

These are the 3 wire coils. Is the middle wire 12v and the other 2 switched to earth?

I have nothing to go by as I'm making a coil-on-plug to coil pack adapter (converting Gen 1 Legacy to waste spark).

Cheers,

Ryan.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to do the same with my gen 2 because I'm converting to 6S ECU and that uses wasted spark, you'd think someone on here would have done a similar conversion aye?

I also need to identify the wires on the orange sticker AFM also, I posed that question a while back and no one could help either.

I'll see if the local auto sparky has access to some decent wiring diagrams and I'll let you know if I find something useful.

Guest boostin

The V3 ECU I'm changing to is waste spark, and apparently the dwell is all wrong for the coil-on-plug coils. I've heard it before and Kamineko had issues with his V2 when going to the same ECU.

That and I got the coil pack and leads for free.....

Guest boostin
 Leighos said:

I want to do the same with my gen 2 because I'm converting to 6S ECU and that uses wasted spark, you'd think someone on here would have done a similar conversion aye?

I also need to identify the wires on the orange sticker AFM also, I posed that question a while back and no one could help either.

I'll see if the local auto sparky has access to some decent wiring diagrams and I'll let you know if I find something useful.

I have just found that the middle pin is 12V, the outer 2 are both switched to earth.

I'm working on the AFM wiring at the mo.....

Guest boostin

Ok, now don't take this as gospel, but I'm pretty sure this is right....

Looking at the open face of the wiring connector with the clip thing at the top and the wiring pointing away from you....

RH wire is 12V supply

Middle wire is earth to ECU??

LH wire is signal

I'm certain on the LH & RH wires, just not sure what the middle one is for right now. Makes sense to be an earth back to the ECU though.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll supply some pics later tonight of exactly what is what as I have done a few of these. You may want to hold off if you're converting from a 76mm MAF to a 90mm MAF, I've just done the full swap and am having some issues with AFRs. Could be the MAF or it could be a flow related problem.

You'll need to have a look at mine, i've got the 6S and the V3/4 coil pack. Found a different ignitor, one from a V3/4 to go with, and it works perfectly, and is all matched up. you can copy some of my wiring too i guess.

The 3 wire coilpacks have the middle one which is power, and the other 2 go off to the ignitor. I can't remember the rest. I got some diagrams too for it all. Will look at those when i get home.