Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

No boost - Single turbo legacy

Skiier

So still head scratching. I have been through everything I can think of,

latest work done,

- replaced all intercooler pipes with new silicone (in case boost leaks) the old ones were a bit ratty.

- deleted the flexi on the mid pipe on the exhaust manifold (as there was still a small exhaust leak)

- cable tied all connections relating to boost solinoid / MAP sensor.

- rechecked manifold with compressed air

To add to this I took it in crowe sport in chch on friday to have it dealt to as I’m running out of time until it becomes my daily and they couldn’t solve it either. Nothing worse than spending good money on shop time and not be much further ahead, to their credit they gave it a good once over.

So how it runs now, so no problem spooling up to 0.5 - 0.6 BAR if you load it up in second into third it will spool up to about 0.8 BAR but then be accompanyed to a loud hissing in engine bay. I have triple checked all vac lines and connections with compressor and added clamps everywhere.

The hissing of boost makes me think what ever that it is related to, if not the main cause of my issue.

I have not yet use a different AFM yet to rule out that side but need to chase down this hissing hose first to fully rule that out.

I have read on some other forums things like knock sensor / AFM having symptoms like mine but that does not explain hissy boost problem.

basically near the end of time/money/patience with the wagon. Not sure what else to do, can’t afford to have a shop do much more trouble shooting on their end.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Find a workshop that can smoke test it under pressure.

AKA jam a baked bean can where the AFM goes, then pressurise it to ~1 bar with a compressor while pumping something visible into it.

yeah I tried all of the above including smoke test at crowesport.

Things that have been done.

Pressure test manifold and smoke test.

wired closed waste gate

blocked off BOV

removed WG plumbing (free boost test)

correct size restrictor in BCS plumbing.

weld straight pipe in front flexi.

new gaskets all through exhaust

replaced silicone piping for intercooler

There is more but that covers pretty much all the basics. Im going to remove the up pipe and check if thats blocked? going out on a limb but aside for the new turbo being stuffed its about the only thing I can think of?

Might explain why it will let it boost up to 0.8 BAR if its loaded up in 2nd. No idea if that is common or what but will try anything at this stage.

God damn this is frustrating.

It has been running with a recon unit for <200km so i really hope its not the turbo, I put that in earlier in the thread. Going to pull off the up pipe and see if something is blocking that, that is the only other thing I can think of that would affect spool with no wastegate. Could be something stupid like a rag or something? I can only hope. Pulling up pipe this evening so will see what that reveals.