Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Brembo Clearance Question

Hi there, Im looking at installing some Brembo brakes onto my RWD built GC8, just wanting to know if anyone has tried fitting a 16" rim on the rear with the Brembo 2 pot calipers, Ill be running 17x8 WORK CR Kai's in the front so no problem there. I do have a barrage of 17's I could run in the rear but I'm worried about the rear axels snapping (already had 7 axles snap mid drift), Im upgrading to some 900HP axels and a 900hp Rear Spool for the R180 Diff soonish (as funds allow). I would try test some 16's on my V3 STi RA which has brembos installed already but I live on a hill and my motor is blown (Replacing this weeknd with another V3 STi Motor) so I cant jack it up saftely.. No problems if it doesn't fit, just thought be nice to have good brakes on my hack.

newsuba said:
why are you even contemplating running 17 front and 16 rear ?

:confused:

Easier on my drivetrain foremost. From experiences in RWD, 16's break traction a lot easier. Though this isn't ideal(I know, I know, grip is key), I thought it would be better than no drifting at all (Broken axel etc....)

• Admin

I thought smaller wheels (therefore larger tyre profile) had more straightline grip, not less?

I'd be more inclined to stick to 17s and just run some horrible tyres if you really wanted less grip.

Also your suspension setup will come into it a lot - if you run some stancey amount of camber you'll decrease your contact patch.

But at the end of it all, doing something to reduce your level of grip just sounds dumb.

Boon, yes I need more camber on the front, prob about 3.5degrees, the rear though can stay with full contact patch...Yes I thought the same, but experiences from drifting my R32 and WRX, Say 16's are the slippery ones. 17's just seemed to give more grip. But its common knowledge at the drift scene, you'll see most underpowered cars running 15's and 16's at the drift days.. So has anyone tested 16's on Brembo 2Pots before?

Edited by GC82GO