Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Rev D trim on Rev A-C?

willisnz

As my part of my quest to turn my 98 Brighton into a "sleeper spec" nicer legacy, I've been wondering about getting the factory kit from from a nicer BH legacy.

I know a lot of stuff changed with Rev D, so some stuff isn't backward compatible (the grill/headlights from memory?), but would the splash guards that go over the skirts and rear bumper fit on the existing rear bumper/skirts?  If not, any reason the skirts/bumpers wouldn't be a straight bolt on?

Car being wrecked on TM for parts I am looking at the trim from http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1176695755

461396113.jpg

Not so great pic of my wagon

29636565794_004fa66f3f_b.jpg

The attachment points for the splash guards don't look too different...e.g.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-SUBARU-BH5-BH9-BE5-Legacy-Wagon-B4-Bumper-Valance-lip-kit-Side-skirt-OEM-/122175439750?hash=item1c72394386:g:mREAAOSwEK9TuV0G&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

vs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2003-JDM-SUBARU-LEGACY-B4-BH5-WAGON-AERO-SPLASH-MUD-FLAP-GUARD-SET-OEM/201663461161?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38530%26meid%3D6e2d1bbd2ca84b0e99578fbeb1ca1786%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D201663461161

Why wouldn't the skirts fit? would have thought it would just bolt in if you removed the old one? unless the attachment points or surrounding panels have changed?

If the splash guards won't work, I might just look into some Rev A-C trim then.

I'm also attempting to facelift my BH and as far as I know, the headlights and grill do fit, but to get them to fit you also need the front bumper and bonnet from a facelift, the indicator plugs are also different and need to be swapped over too

12 hours ago, McMatty said:

I'm also attempting to facelift my BH and as far as I know, the headlights and grill do fit, but to get them to fit you also need the front bumper and bonnet from a facelift, the indicator plugs are also different and need to be swapped over too

Cool, what have you done so far?