Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What kind of boost controllers are you running?

uwantsumbeef

Hi all, just came into a bit of money and looking at getting a boost controller. As most of the stuff in my car is HKS i thought about the EVC5 which i see retails for about $1100 which is a bit pricey, i have also seen 2nd hand EVC4s on TM for about $600 or even a HDi one which comes with boost gauge for about $360.

Just wanted everyones opinions on what they have and what they though are is a good option and what i should look for to best suit my car and also how much boost i can safely run, only have air filter, exhaust and front mount upgraded

oh and does anyone know what factory boost cut is?

thanks

I have an AVCR and I'm happy with it.

They can be alot of work to set up perfectly and they're not everyone's cup of tea.

A mate sold his AVCR and went to an E-Boost and prefers that as it's alot easier to operate.

So an AVCR or an E-boost would have to be given consideration.

Good thing about AVCR's is if you get a 2nd hand one and you don't like it you can usually onsell with little or no financial loss.

• 2 months later...

NOTHING! HAHA coz Im too poor to upgrade everything else to support higher boost. AFAIK factory boost cut is at 1BAR/14.5 psi. Feel free to correct me if im wrong

Greddy Profec B II:

Easy instillation, set up is not too hard, but do need to run the car under acceleration to get it set up right.

Allows easy swap between hi and low boost settings.

Brings boost on earlier.

New, they are anywhere from $700-$1000

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies