Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Turbo swap + Long time = Big Problem

Hay

After the primary turbo leaking oil , i decided i would swap both turbos over.

After alot of mucking round and a few months i put the new VF14 ( Primary ) and VF19 ( Secondary ) Back on.

Lol and this is where it all starts.

Theres alot of vacum hoses that came off and , and to be honest i dont know where " a few " of them go.

Mostly around the big aucutor on the secondary turbo , and the secondary turbo outlet pipe. Does anyone have a diagram or anyways i can resolve this problem ?

Another problem , which may or may not contruibute is , i started the car and really just hooked the vacum hoses up to anywhere just to stop the vacum leaks. The Car ran like a bag or balls. Bearly getting out of the garage. After unplugging the AFM the car was alot more lively and managed to get it drivable. Is this purely due to the Vacum issues that its running like shit , or is the AFM poked? The AFM has been sittin in the passenger seat for quite some time and proberly seen alot of sun time ( Gotta love gisborne weather =D ) Another problem may be that the exhaust is off. only the downpipes are on, the cat is unplugged could that also be kicking me in the nuts ?

And last but no least , when the AFM was off i put a paper towel in the intake to stop crap gettin up there................. Hmmmmmmmmmm unforutantly in my haste to start the car ......... the turbo swallowed that up pretty quickly...... Ive cleaned the intake out and removed all visible traces from the Front mount intercooler and also blowen it out throughly.

Ive since noticed while the outlet of the primary turbo was off , that when free revving the car , the turbo does push alot of air out. I know cars dont make alot of boost while free revving , but when the dump pipes were off , the car had alot more boost coming out of the turbo.

Any help at all would be legendary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheer

funkytown said:

you drove it by plugging any thing in any old where..??? thats gota be stupid, sorry but are you for real?

and swallowed the rag.. cowboy central...! hope you didnt bend the shaft on turbo.. or any of the blades - bet you did

Hmmmm if you ever seen the outlet pipes on a GTB then ull know theres 3 vacums tips....... not just anywhere cowgurl.

and it was a paper towel like i said ...

Guest itsgotgo
 L8RPAL']

[quote name='funkytown said:

you drove it by plugging any thing in any old where..??? thats gota be stupid, sorry but are you for real?

and swallowed the rag.. cowboy central...! hope you didnt bend the shaft on turbo.. or any of the blades - bet you did

/quote]

Hmmmm if you ever seen the outlet pipes on a GTB then ull know theres 3 vacums tips....... not just anywhere cowgurl.

and it was a paper towel like i said ...

Well i hope you used a handy towel.....they are the most durable and clean better ;D

Lol....ahhh id take it to a mechanic mate. Noone on here can help you now. I would suggest you have bent a fin or fins especially if its in your fmic in pieces. You may have rooted a bearing or seals too with something the size of a papertowel pulling itself through a small turbo outlet.

L8RPAL']

[quote name='boostin said:

\

Yeah cheers i tried to look at it but it just not big enough for my eyes lol any chance of a bigger copy?

Just save those images to your hard drive and then open them separately so you can zoom in on them.

Just follow those for the vacuum lines, take your time this time, and try not to leave anything jammed in the intake!!

Yeah ill have a proper look at thoses images, and if it still hasnt started to sort it out , ill take it to the Subaru mechanic here in gisborne

Cheers for all your guys help

We don't mean to take the piss bro.

But it sounds like this car is driving you a little crazy.

It is a better man that can tell when he is getting out of his depth and ask for help.

We have all been there at some stage!!!

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck bro.

I reckon its a better man who can rise above all the setbacks and work through the issues till its all figured out and working perfectly again.

If you manage to figure it out yourself, you can then just tick it off as one more thing that you know.

Koom']

I reckon its a better man who can rise above all the setbacks and work through the issues till its all figured out and working perfectly again.

If you manage to figure it out yourself, you can then just tick it off as one more thing that you know.

[quote name='madmike said:

We don't mean to take the piss bro.

But it sounds like this car is driving you a little crazy.

It is a better man that can tell when he is getting out of his depth and ask for help.

We have all been there at some stage!!!

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck bro.

Cheers . lol fingers crossed

Koom said:

Depending on why the setbacks accrued, a man who is prepared for setbacks to happen is the better man (prepared) being the point here;

sounds like you got yourself in preverbal shit, work off what koom gave you and go from there, don’t give up, and take a hit on the chin from some of these guys, it’s been a long time problem so a little longer should not bother you,

after you have done what koom has suggested, we can move to the next problem if you like, or yea take it to a know man

Problem Solved!!!! Primary turbo was blocked with the remains of the paper towel. So im guessing it was running rich as causing it to miss alot. Everything running sweet, Just got to put the exhaust on and find another primary turbo flexipipe.

Cheers for all your guys help!

was just re-reading over this post what is an EGOREX? Is it a new name for a difficult car to work on that has an ego or a new name for a car thats over and done with?