Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Mods for 03 rex

Hey ive got a 03 NZ new rex an im jus wanting some advice on what are good power mods for it with out goin too overboard cashwise. it currently has a full 3" stainles exhaust system and a bov..what next??

For the price of an ECU retune, you could also go to polyurethane suspension and steering bushings, get a front anti-lift kit, get better brake pads and DOT4 brake fluid. Possibly source some used uprated sway bars for a bit more. Would recommend that rather than powering up the car in terms of fun for money.

MINTGTB']

[quote name='boostcut said:

the usual cold air box or k&n panel in your airbox.

/quote]

K&N filters prone to ****ing up AFM though?? they deposit lil' oil droplets dont they?? :-\

They get that same bad rep every time somebody re-oils one after cleaning and overdoes it.

I've used K&N's in every one of my rides and never an issue.

Yeah ive been planning on getting adjustys for it to get better handling and it already has the 4pot brake calipers..are they no good?? they seem to stop the car in a hurry!

If you're getting adjustables, be careful, as the GDA and GDB suspension geometry goes pearshaped very quickly with not a lot of lowering. Apparently an inch lower than standard STi ride height is about all that it can tolerate before it starts giving you positive camber in corners. A set of V7 STi take-off struts with a set of Spec C springs (or similar rate, lots of options available) will give you plenty of handling with lots of spare cash compared to adjustables, just perhaps not as low as what you might like.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies