Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

URGENT!!

CMPLSV

hey guys/gals...

:'( can anyone reccomend a place to shock rebuilds that are fast / dont cost the earth?

in auckland...

I HAVE ZEROSPORT COILOVERS...

failed wof today on two back shocks... am considering just purchasing another set of shocks for rear to pass wof then swap back to adjustables again once i have had rebuilt... as WOF runs out today...

- anyone know if it will pass like this? - with adjustables in front / normal shocks / lowering springs in back??

Cheers

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you didnt keep the factory shocks?

Or was were the coilovers alreay installed before you purchased?

I always keep the factory component for contingencies!!

dont you have a 2 week period you can drive car to and from places to get it fixed up for wof?

Aslong as you have no stops offs or no unneccessary trips i thought it was ok?

H8RS H8 said:

too urgent to use search... how much did urs cost?

he did mine at 250 each cash.

how can it be to urgent? could have been quicker if say no one decided to reply :P

you take the day off work for your wof? good excuse :D :D i do that if i can :D

-smurff

no im at work... got a courtesy car :)

and no ross - dont have old shocks - old owner put the zerosports in before i bought the car :)

-reason i was asking about 2 types of suspension is there is a set on trademe for reasonably cheap as i really dont have $500...

Chris @ susp. tech quoted me $250each also... just waiting to hear back from my mechanic about what hes found - if no cheaper will have the shocks couriered over on 1hr courier to chris and hes said i should have them back 2morro...

in your shoes i would pay to rebuild, and forget the factory shocks.

You will do this anyways, where as buying an extra set of shocks might get it through the wof but at the end of the day its money you dont need to be spending.

Perhaps it would pay to have a spare set if you can pick a set up cheap as chips 2nd hand somewhere longer term.

i have been offered 2x rear d2 adjustables for $500each.... vs $250 to rebuild each...

-have applied for a loan to see what i will do - if i can get the loan ill get the d2's... if not ill rebuild....

anyone know problems having 2 different types of adjustable suspension in the car? (i.e techical problems)

- its already cert'ed and the cert plate doesnt say what brand so thats fine....

Big_Dave said:

i have my standard suspension and tein springs sitting at home but they have no top plates can use them if youlike

i may need to take you up on that if i cant come up with the money - will let u know - thanks heaps :)

Guest itsgotgo

Do you think that by winding the adjusties right down,you may have prematurley damaged the shocks?

I would go as the others have said,get them rebuilt,it may be $500 but well worth in the long run :)

itsgotgo said:

Do you think that by winding the adjusties right down,you may have prematurley damaged the shocks?

I would go as the others have said,get them rebuilt,it may be $500 but well worth in the long run :)

one looks like its been blown for ages - other is leaking but so passable for WOF (so i may have done the 2nd but not the first when i wound fully down)

... the car has been wound down really low for 2 years or more - i only wound it the rest of the way lol...

ummmmmm... im still waiting for them to call me back...

leave it for now - ill just tell them they were slack so ill take there courtesy car home - use there gas and clock up there km's hahaha

ill let u know as soon as i know :)

becca, the otheres are right about the D2's keep away from them.

also, when i last saw them around, it was only about $1250 for a full set new. so $1000 for the rear to is expensive.

-smurff

smurff said:

becca, the otheres are right about the D2's keep away from them.

also, when i last saw them around, it was only about $1250 for a full set new. so $1000 for the rear to is expensive.

-smurff

yea d.w everyone has talked me out of the d2's...

Becca, if you have a place to store spares... either grab Dave's stuff as spare or get GDB Impreza gear on standby. For moments like these it's all really easy to biff in temporarily while you get your gear rebuilt. DEFINITELY stay away from the random/new/cheap brand coilovers, they are all more trouble than they are worth.

Good luck with your rebuild :)