Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Whats next ???

smokn4

ok ive finally got round to putting my ecu chip in and im wondering whats the next best thing to upgrade

so i can make full use of this ecu chip,

im still running greys with a green sticker and td04 ( upgrading to td05h when i can get the last bolt off >:( )

and im thinking the next step would be getting some yellows

with a orange sticker,

am i able to just upgrade to yellows with the orange sticker using this chipped ecu??(will split fuel rails at

same time)

or would i need the ecu that goes with the yellows/orange etc

im also still using the standard fuel pump, should that be upgraded first?

or am i missing something else that should be done first???

any info would be massive,

churs

Chipped ecu's are pretty dodge, problem is your changing your fuel map and not really knowing if its leaning out.

Your car will run on yellow injectors but it will end up overfueling, you can use an SAFC which tricks youe ecu into thinking everything normal but your adjusting the singnal to the AFM, there's a few cheap ones on trade me at the moment. But you really want to get it fine tuned on a dyno or at the very least a wideband o2.

A good mate of mine had a v2 nonsti running td05 with yellows and it went really well, and is still fine 50,000kms later (except the new owner put bags in it, muppet)

My advice talk to the guys out at shred in the hutt, aaron is really helpful, at the very least I think a power run on the dyno is about $140

..and yes, get a walbro asap

to run yellow injectors in your car, you either use a aftermarket ecu and need it dyno tune. im still skeptic about the safc, unless i see someone ussing it myself

OR you need to change your whole loom to the ecu. it isnt hard to do as i know a mate thats done it got the loom from a ver3 sti and used it in his ver1/2 wrx

Guest itsgotgo

First i would say,what was the eprom or chip designed to be used with? was it yellows or greys?

people that do chips generally do them with a specific setup in mind.

walbro is a must with a chip.

I would be talking to the person that burnt the chip off for you and seeing what setup it was made for,then go from there ;)

Before going to yellows I would do the split rail fuel lines + walbro. If the guy knows what he's doing he will then know how to adjust the fuel multiplier value to suit yellow tops - then get him to tune it with a wideband (he had to have tuned at least one, right? .. otherwise it's just a copy of someone elses). With split rail and yellows you can really up the A/F ratios and get some power out of it. Don't worry about a new AFM, if he adjusts the multiplier value you wont need to bother with anything else.

I'd avoid SAFC if he can do the above, as said it tricks the ECU in to thinking it needs less fuel (to suit your larger injectors), but that also throws your ignition timing and boost maps out of whack.

The chips can be re-tuned, but probably not on the fly. If PacificBoost is any good they will have the equipment to do that though..

Guest boostcut

most chips from trade me and from anywhere for that matter are all the same. people buy a chip off a person that bourght it from someone else.. you get the idea. its easy to copy and re-programme chips, my mum does it for a job!

but to do the initial set up of the chip is difficult. most of the chips that we have availiable are designed for a cold air intake mod of some sort, a bigger exhaust, namely a 3 inch as this is whats more common on jappas, higher boost and no speed cut. they all have rev limiters set in somewhere, it just may be at 11000 rpm where not many people are game to try it out.

i have a gizzmo chip in mine, it boostcuts at 20psi, rev limits at 8500 and has no speed . and it runs my yellow injectors perfectly in a v2 wrx.