Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Manual conversion (wiring)

If its anything like my forester (which I doubt) you just have to bypass the Park switch by shorting out a couple of wires in your center consol to get the car to start. Then there is a couple more wires you have to short out on the gearbox loom and attaching the manual speedo unit to the gearbox... Dunno about those though, mine was done via a phone conference between me (completely clueless) Boostin and my sparky mate

all you need to do:

Cut AT/MT select wire (I cannot remember which plug this is, but its pin 18 and is a Black/White-Stripe wire), leave enough to reattach if you cut the wrong wire.

Short the 'park' switch in the centre console

Wire up the reverse position on the old loom to the manual loom's reverse switch

Optionally wire up the Neutral position switch (this does nothing on 4-plug manuals as far as I can see)

Wiretap said:

all you need to do:

Cut AT/MT select wire (I cannot remember which plug this is, but its pin 18 and is a Black/White-Stripe wire), leave enough to reattach if you cut the wrong wire.

Wire up the reverse position on the old loom to the manual loom's reverse switch

Optionally wire up the Neutral position switch (this does nothing on 4-plug manuals as far as I can see)

hey cheers mate..

so short circuit by earthing both wires?? Pin 18 and park

Thanks

Guest boostin
 Wiretap said:

I never had to do this. I connected the reverse and neutral switches into the inhibitor wiring, and as I had cruise control, I added a clutch switch and connected that to the other neutral circuit of the inhibitor switch. Just gotta have the clutch slightly down to start it now.

1992-RS']

[quote name='Wiretap said:

all you need to do:

/quote]

hey cheers mate..

so short circuit by earthing both wires?? Pin 18 and park

Thanks

Pin 18 is not a short, if you do you may set something on fire as I beleive it's a +12vIG wire, and the park switch is two wires, join them.

boostin']

[quote name='Wiretap said:

/quote]

I never had to do this. I connected the reverse and neutral switches into the inhibitor wiring, and as I had cruise control, I added a clutch switch and connected that to the other neutral circuit of the inhibitor switch. Just gotta have the clutch slightly down to start it now.

I rewired as per the official wiring diagrams, a bit messy but it worked... and I got to ditch the TCU

http://legacycentral.org/library/transmission/convert.htm go here and in the electrics

follow what they did it works the exact same i did this in mine and works perfect and no cels

no need for tcu or shift lock

basically all you need to do is find a plug from an auto trans that will plug into your loom and connect the wires on the manual gearbox (reverse and neutral) and short 2 of the other wires together i cnt remember if the auto manual slection for ecu is grounded or not grounded

just follow the instrictions they worked for me has everything there you need juts check and double check before cutting wires lol

Guest boostin
 gtlegacy said:

also cars without the cruise control just need to have the 2 wires joined together for the starter to be active

Yeah mine has cruise, and I had a real fun time trying to retain it. I did in the end, had to use a change over relay.