Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Spare dash switches.... what do they do?

Guest jakesternz

Guest jakesternz

Have a few spare dash switches in my 2000 Blitzen, i have had the dash off and some of them having wiring behind the dummy cover.

Just wondering what these do and what others had in the cars switch wise.

DSCN0759.jpg

DSCN0760.jpg

Cargo fan for my 2000 lancaster wagon is on the middle switch on the righthand panel (second pic).

On the right button on the lefthand panel (first pic), my car has a picture of a window squirter type thing on it. But it's not for the demisters (climate control does front and rear) and it's not for the front or rear squirters (both done on the stalk) so I'm not actually sure what it does. It's a toggle switch (i.e. you turn it on and it stays on). Car has plastic JDM headlights so can't be heated headlights, it doesn't have demisters in the rear 1/4s windows so its not that, and it doesn't show a picture of mirrors so can't be a mirror demister. Don't think it has headlight squirters either.

Will take a pic when I have a chance.

Erelyes said:

On the right button on the lefthand panel (first pic), my car has a picture of a window squirter type thing on it. But it's not for the demisters (climate control does front and rear) and it's not for the front or rear squirters (both done on the stalk) so I'm not actually sure what it does. It's a toggle switch (i.e. you turn it on and it stays on). Car has plastic JDM headlights so can't be heated headlights, it doesn't have demisters in the rear 1/4s windows so its not that, and it doesn't show a picture of mirrors so can't be a mirror demister. Don't think it has headlight squirters either.

That my friend is the very JDM Windscreen wiper demister... It switches on the elements below the windscreen wipers and defrosts them on very cold winter days so they dont tear when you turn them on and they are frozen to the windscreen.

Its very cool for when your car is covered in snow...

ala this

S3000106.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got those two buttons on my forester (second pic) I was confused as to what they do ,I got told by the car dealer I bought it from that the middle button was to adjust the hight or lowering of headlights,and the button on the right was for rear fog lights (go figure) hope that helps :)

Guest boostin

A light switch with the lines pointing down and a squiggly line through them means front fog. Horizontal lines with a squiggle through them means rear fog.

that bit about the JDM windshield warmers is cool, but i think we might have missed the point... jakersternz wasn't asking how to turn his driving/fog lights on and posting a pictures of the switch, he was asking what all the BLANK spaces are for, since some of them still have wiring attached when you pull the dash off.

so other than the windshield warmer, does anyone else have more switches? mine are the same as jakesters...

Guest boostin

They are blanking panels for missing switches for features your car does not have. Even if you fit a switch to whatever wiring is behind that blanking panel, there is no component at the other end of the wiring to switch on.

boostin said:

They are blanking panels for missing switches for features your car does not have. Even if you fit a switch to whatever wiring is behind that blanking panel, there is no component at the other end of the wiring to switch on.

right, but what are the features? does anyone have them in a BE/BH? there were 5 switches (3 blank) in the pictures, and we know what 3 are for: jdm windshield heater, high beam vertical adjust, and fog/driving lights... what are the other two for?

Guest keltik

Heated seat switches on the BH go where the little coin holder thing is behind the handbrake. The blank to the right of the wheel is for Cruise control, i believe the ones on the left can be for VDC or cargo area fans.

I run the power and grounds for my speedo correction circuit from one of those spare switch plugs on the right side.