Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

single conversion

Drunkenmonkey

RIGHT so reuben and i belled out EVERY ecu wire and found out some were wrong :P

1st polarity on ICV what pin does what on the valve?

2nd A25 injector ground is it just ground or is it swicted by ecu and injectors have constant power?

3rd B1 has injector power and power switched by relay is this so when injecting a relay turns on something else?

4th B20 was connected to the 5v output to TPS and MAP so when we connected the plugs 5v straight to ground anyone think this broke anything?

5th B7 MAF 0v does this need to be sperate from normal ground?

any help would be good :)

Which pinouts are you guys using?

I've been using this one for my BD5, which I'm really unsure about - but thats all I can find, short of buying a spare loom and testing it out for myself (my car's a daily driver so cant use that)

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu74/leighosative/ECUPinoutsBC5BG5a.jpg

...and these for the 6S ECU that I have

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu74/leighosative/v3and4-1.jpg

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu74/leighosative/v3and4-2.jpg

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu74/leighosative/v3and4-3.jpg

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu74/leighosative/v3and4-4.jpg

I started to make my harness adaptor based on this information but have all but given up lately because I'm not sure about the accuracy of this info.

I hope you guys have some success ;)

Firstly I will start by saying that I may get mixed up between the 4 and 3 plug numbering in my answers here.

Drunkenmonkey']

RIGHT so reuben and i belled out EVERY ecu wire and found out some were wrong :P

1st polarity on ICV what pin does what on the valve?

I only ever had "ICV open" and "ICV close" written down for the valve on the TT and the single so didn't go into whether or not one was +12v, +5v or a PWM etc. On the V3/4 STI 3-plug, A1 looks to be the idle close and A2 is idle open. Same as the wiring in the BD5a 26 pin plug.

2nd A25 injector ground is it just ground or is it swicted by ecu and injectors have constant power?

The injectors have constant 12v to them and the ECU gounds them to operate.

(The following is for the 4-plug wiring but I think its the same for the 3-plug 26pin plug)

A24 and A25 are grounded to the engine block. I've since done as Link suggest for the older cars and run new wires from the ECU for these two must be cleanly grounded to the engine block and old connections can get corroded. I've got the injector, ignition and sensor grounds all terminated together on the block along with these ECU grounds.

(On the 4-plugs, I also re-ran number 11 and 22 on the 22 pin plug)

3rd B1 has injector power and power switched by relay is this so when injecting a relay turns on something else?

Sure thats not just the relay that turns on power to the injectors when the ignition is turned on?? As they have constant 12v feed.

4th B20 was connected to the 5v output to TPS and MAP so when we connected the plugs 5v straight to ground anyone think this broke anything?

Did the smoke come out of the wires? Was B20 on your setup supplying 5v at the time? I don't understand what you're getting at here?

[quote name='Drunkenmonkey said:

5th B7 MAF 0v does this need to be sperate from normal ground?

any help would be good :)

I have a note saying loop to A25 for B7 which means that it needs to be terminated on the engine block along with the other sensor/ECU grounds.

cheers for that koom

Did the smoke come out of the wires? Was B20 on your setup supplying 5v at the time? I don't understand what you're getting at here?

what im getting at is when we had the black connectors connected this would have put the 5v direct to ground there for woould it have blowena fuse or that circuit on the ecu

Drunkenmonkey said:

cheers for that koom

what im getting at is when we had the black connectors connected this would have put the 5v direct to ground there for woould it have blowena fuse or that circuit on the ecu

Possibly. Wouldn't worry unless it smelt a bit smokey. May have gotten away with it.