Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

A Quick Question For U!!! HELP!!!!

Guest scoobydoov3

Guest scoobydoov3

alright...had to remove top mount yesterday to remove the turbos heat shield planning to get actuator welded up or get a bracket. i cleaned the top mount with degreaser and hosed off and dryed with a air compressor. now everythings back in...took it for a drive this morning....and lets say ur in 3rd and u stick it into Neutral...the revs stays exactly the same..does not move down until u go into gear.......

number 2...im not getting any boost no more.....would taking the actuator out have something to do with it as i removed my internal....and there was smoke coming from my turbo when i got home and poped the bonnet...PLZ dont say i blew my turbo lol

plz help guys...ive now got no ride to get to night shifts lol

I'm guessing you put an external on it? And just put it on with the ~7 psi spring. So now you only get 7psi? Strange that, its like they designed them to limit boost to ~7psi.

Sounds like the throttle is open slightly too (or ICV has been moved), does it idle at the normal revs or higher?

Guest scoobydoov3

I'm guessing you put an external on it? And just put it on with the ~7 psi spring. So now you only get 7psi? Strange that, its like they designed them to limit boost to ~7psi.

Sounds like the throttle is open slightly too (or ICV has been moved), does it idle at the normal revs or higher?

[/quote

i dont got any boost at all. and yes i have an external. it idles normal unless ive been driving and stick it in reverse. but if i use my feet to pull the accelerator towrds me it goes back to normal revs. is there a way to get rid of it??

Guest scoobydoov3
 mattapo said:

did you just remove your standard wastegase acuator and nothing to lock the wastegate up? if so that would be your boost broblem.

and the idle, is something rubbing against the throttle cable?

yea ive got to get a quote to weld up the internal..how much u reckon it will cost??

pl0x said:

if you leave the standard actuator in place and pull the vac hose off, shouldn't it be the same as free boosting? therefor hold the waste gate shut and make the external open at Xpsi?

can still blow the actuator open....mine never did but have heard stories form others.

Guest scoobydoov3

hook what??!!! lol..ive removed my actuator so all there is left is da pin and 2 holes where the bolts went. if i only knew what it is that i have to wrap the wire around. can someone explain what it looks like or where exactly do i find it.

Guest scoobydoov3

after removing the internal wastegate...yea theres a round thing still there and u can move it left and right causing a opening and closing noise in the turbo

Guest boostin

Well get an old wire coathanger and use a bit of wire from that to hold the internal closed. Put a small hook at one end and hook it into on of the actuator bolt holes, and a 90 degree bend that just fits up through the wastegate lever and bend it forward to hold the internal gate tightly closed.

Guest scoobydoov3

cool...swt i think i get wat u mean. i will do it soon and see how it goes....oh one question. im not good with part names so dont mind me...subys have 2 throttle things under the boonet which u use to rev the car..i think one of mines a bit f*cked, refering to my idleing problem..i rev the car and it stays at that rev but when i push the other throttle thing towards me the revs go down ta normal...what uz reckon i can do about that?? if u even get what i mean lol.

Guest boostin

You need to find out what is sticking. It might be the cable, the throttle shaft or even the TPS. Sticking throttles are very dangerous.

Guest scoobydoov3
 CUDDAS said:

Just curious did it have an issue with the sticking throttle before you removed the top mount intercooler, did you use force (not the force) or a lever to pry the intercooler off & inturn bend something...

You didn't drop anything in to the throttle body-hose clamp-screwdriver-rag-tackweld???

just curious as things do happen ;):)

na it didnt do it before i removed the top mount which i got off pretty easy. used only my hands to remove everything apart from bolts. im sure its the throttle thing as when im driving lets say i stick it in neutral and its reving at for example 2500-3000rpm..all i do is push the accelerator up towards me and it goes to normal. and when in the garage...i would rev it using the throttle thing..theres 2. i rev with the one on the left. and as its reving high. i would knudge the right hand throttle forwards and TA DA!!!! its normal....so yea im sure its the 2nd throttle thingy...i might have knudged it a bit when putting the top mount bak on..

Guest scoobydoov3

ALRIGHT!!!! firstly...i would like to thank EVERYONE on this site....VERY VERY VERY helpful i have to say lol.....

ok now time for an update on my problems (with PICS)....(and F*CK!!! just did a 12 hour shift!!)

now to problem one...thanks to boostin (i think) who explained about the cable. ive done exactly everything u stated however couldnt find a hole for the acutator ??? but heres a pic of what ive done

[/img]

Guest scoobydoov3

alright lets giv it a try.... here is the cheap actuator trick. hope i got it right

IMG_4751.jpg?t=1264233902

and for the vacuum hose... does it go from the side port of the external to the little nipple off the turbo as shown in pic.

and if u look at the throttles in the same pic below....my problem is from the very very right one.

IMG_4753.jpg?t=1264233966