Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2005 v10 subaru sti hard to start when cold

subiesti

DRFVDR']

[quote name='willjudge said:

Got any reccomendations on brand of battery to go for? My one's almost shagged and my car has been a bit sluggish...

/quote]

I bet on Marshall/exide,This comes from 20 years of diesel experiance

I would suggest a NS70 (or NS70L I cant remeber which way around the terminals fit)

It is the biggest battery that barely fits in the hole :)

+1 for the NS70. Awesome battery.

dan']

[quote name='willjudge said:

Got any reccomendations on brand of battery to go for? My one's almost shagged and my car has been a bit sluggish...

/quote]

I bet on Marshall/exide,This comes from 20 years of diesel experiance

I would suggest a NS70 (or NS70L I cant remeber which way around the terminals fit)

It is the biggest battery that barely fits in the hole :)

+1 for the NS70. Awesome battery.

+1- got 1 in each of our two cars, subs and amps dont seem to affect it ha

i fitted new battery in mine and still same, went to have ecu scan and everything was fine, assuming sensor all fine

spark plug problem?

fuel filters?

it is only hard to start during cold....

???

Guest boostin

Where are you guys taking your cars to? Maybe leave them there overnight so the service guys can experience the fault for themselves with a cold start in the morning? That way they can hook up the Select Monitor and log data on startup too.

coolant temp sensor giving an incorect cold temp reading wont necessarly give you a cel code or store a fault in the ecu memory it will simply just cause the ecu to miss calculate the amount of fuel to inject during cranking. (most prol thinking the engine is warmer then it really is meaning not enough fuel on cranking!!! = hard to start when cold... Use a scan tool on the car when its cold and see what the display says the coolant temp sensor is reading deg C vs what the coolant temp actually is! (close to surrounding air temperature if the car hasnt been started ;).

• 3 weeks later...

Thats odd a. Mines been hard to start the last two mornings, but its been -4 overnight and stuff. Takes a couple cranks and there must be some moisture frozen in the IAC cos it idles up and down for 10secs then idles ok.

The legacy has been hard to start too.

If i pump the gas a couple times while its starting its ok which makes me think its a tune thing. On a warm day, not a problem at all.

I normaly let the pump charge before i start it everytime, the amount of time for that is dictated by the abs light (my wee pet starting procedure)

But ive had it in the garage the last few nights and in the morning its sweet as to start.

It always runs fine mate. Never ever had a problem with it.