Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Gearbox Transplant

Hey guys, i just got a new gearbox and wanna swap it with the one i got in my wrx.Whats the best way to take the one out thats in there now, the easiest and quickest way,if there is one.step by step would be good?? haha, any way if someones got a good method, id love to see it, cheers.

one bit of advice on top of removing all the bolts, make sure you dont forget the pin which goes through the clutch fork, its accessed on the passenger side under the plug, think its a 10mm allen key to remove plug.

WRX8YA said:

one bit of advice on top of removing all the bolts, make sure you dont forget the pin which goes through the clutch fork, its accessed on the passenger side under the plug, think its a 10mm allen key to remove plug.

dont forget this lol

gets really frustrating when you forget lol

-smurff

smurff']

[quote name='WRX8YA said:

/quote]

dont forget this lol

-smurff

Maybe I shouldnt have said anything, its character building for first time gearbox swappers.... :) whats life without a few challenges after all?

WRX8YA']

[quote name='WRX8YA said:

/quote]

dont forget this lol

-smurff

Maybe I shouldnt have said anything, its character building for first time gearbox swappers.... :) whats life without a few challenges after all?

hahaha, thats just mean :P

-smurff

Haha, yeah wasnt as bad as i thought, but now have encounted another problem, iv poped the inner cv out of the boot, the bit that goes into the green cylinder thing, and it wont go back in, car not going anywhere, haha any hints????

hahaha, unlucky :P

have a feel inside the green cylinder, bout 5mm in, there may be a metal holding clip thing runs round the inside, pop that out, put cv back in, put retaining clip thing back in :)

thats what mines like anyway :P

-smurff

Yeah got that pin out, and the green cylinder sweet, byt the boot thats connected to it has lost the cv, have tried rotating it but just wont catch.

2QUILA said:

Yeah got that pin out, and the green cylinder sweet, byt the boot thats connected to it has lost the cv, have tried rotating it but just wont catch.

now you have confussed me lol

-smurff

Yeah got the clip off, and got the ring with all the balls, and holes and the main knuckle, so do i put the balls all back in and then push them up the grooved bits on the knuckle?

just put all the balls back on the knuckle, use some grease, helps hold them on, slide it all into the green housing, and put the clip back on, add some fresh grease. then the boot back on.

-smurff

smurff said:

just put all the balls back on the knuckle, use some grease, helps hold them on, slide it all into the green housing, and put the clip back on, add some fresh grease. then the boot back on.

-smurff

Is it just me or does this sound dirty :)