Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Are BE saloon struts the same as BH wagons? - yes i searched first

gazzy2000

D-Style said:

BH saloon? are you talking about the sedan? which would be a BE chassic code.

If so, yes the will fit. Shocks are the same. There may or may not be different spring rates.

yea yea the sedan vs wagon, (i will change subject)

Err mine is a BH, are sedans BE?

gazzy2000']

[quote name='D-Style said:

BH saloon? are you talking about the sedan? which would be a BE chassic code.

If so, yes the will fit. Shocks are the same. There may or may not be different spring rates.

/quote]

yea yea the sedan vs wagon, (i will change subject)

Err mine is a BH, are sedans BE?

yep

-smurff

I website i found in Japan says both BE and BH have few different rates between turbo and non turbo models, but theres no rates that are just for BH and vice versa.

There still is debate on weather the little paint markings on springs can tell you factory spring rates.

I used to think wagons and sedans had different rear rates, but i'm honestly not sure any more.

I'll put it this way, ive never seen a difference between wagon and sedan with my own eye, and places like strong for subaru don't differentiate.

What i do know is, when dealing with BG's, the difference is weather it's impreza or legacy, not sedan or wagon. GC/GF is shorter or softer in the rear than BG. Fronts are the same (i'm running sti front springs on my bilstiens at the moment) Sadly have no idea when it comes to BE/BH and multi link stuff.

Guest boostin
 ReubenH said:

I used to think wagons and sedans had different rear rates, but i'm honestly not sure any more.

I'll put it this way, ive never seen a difference between wagon and sedan with my own eye, and places like strong for subaru don't differentiate.

What i do know is, when dealing with BG's, the difference is weather it's impreza or legacy, not sedan or wagon. GC/GF is shorter or softer in the rear than BG. Fronts are the same (i'm running sti front springs on my bilstiens at the moment) Sadly have no idea when it comes to BE/BH and multi link stuff.

I've fitted sedan rear shocks (complete) to a wagon and it sat too low. Strongs said the same thing, they don't differentiate. I got them to send up wagon shocks and it was sweet. The shock itself will be the same, but the spring rates will be different.

boostin']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

/quote]

I've fitted sedan rear shocks (complete) to a wagon and it sat too low. Strongs said the same thing, they don't differentiate. I got them to send up wagon shocks and it was sweet. The shock itself will be the same, but the spring rates will be different.

Awesome to hear from someone that has been through it so i dont have to find out the hard way, thanks!!

Drunkenmonkey said:

right so ill make sure he gets you wagon ones tomorrow :P what you got in there now?>

KYBs, the ones that normal lowering springs fit on easyier than the Bilsteins.

Plus i really have to do the front bumper at the same time as the Bilsteins will drop it enought for me to wipe off my C-west bumper, thats why the KYBs are in there.

I thought i wud sell the KYBs and market them as the BH wagon ones that CAN use lower springs.

Please just ask for now, we are expecting a baby in the next week in a half so the car is a low priority.

smurff said:

did you have trouble with lowering springs in your bilsteins?

-smurff

no i havent, just heard they are difficult to find and/or are dearer, have only heard this, maybe coz of the fatness of the base of the Bilsteins??? and the KYB are a more normal looking strut

I purely want stock BH wagon standard bilsteins with standard springs.

Cheers